HMSwolfe’s 3D Printed Custom Blasters thread - Free Files

I'd like to see that one with the barrel cut short, making the muzzle look more like the Rexim, and the front scope bell removed.
Something like this?
C7F612A0-466C-4895-9997-56C06F8660E2.png

As for the new version, I think I’ve finished up the model. (I have gotten way faster with Fusion 360.)
AE19D84F-9855-41D2-9620-9E551F64F61F.jpeg
DD719466-9DB6-404E-94B5-DB556328D4AA.jpeg
73458845-FE50-4E33-BF40-265221ACE882.png

And an exploded view showing off my first model that could actually be printed and assembled, with a (hopefully) working trigger mechanism!

Yes, JUST like that! Thanks for doing that for me, my eyes wanted to see that blaster without the long barrel so badly!

Really nice work, it looks like it could easily have been a concept by that Savage dude, who does all those blaster concepts for Lucasfilm.

Yes, JUST like that! Thanks for doing that for me, my eyes wanted to see that blaster without the long barrel so badly!

Really nice work, it looks like it could easily have been a concept by that Savage dude, who does all those blaster concepts for Lucasfilm.

I kinda want to see it with a Reade cylinder at the front now. :lol:

Hehe, which design? The first one, or the new one?

It's not a bad idea, incorporating a prominent SW greeblie in the design. Just has to be well chosen/placed. It's gotta FIT, ya know?

Sorry HMSWolfe, we've started designing your blaster FOR you!

I need to get more comfortable with Fusion. Have you found any tutorials that were helpful, or are you teaching yourself?

Yes, the grille. Or the flash hider on Greedo's gun, or on the side of the Merr-Sonn or Leia's DDC Defender, or....

Hehe, which design? The first one, or the new one?

It's not a bad idea, incorporating a prominent SW greeblie in the design. Just has to be well chosen/placed. It's gotta FIT, ya know?

Sorry HMSWolfe, we've started designing your blaster FOR you!

I need to get more comfortable with Fusion. Have you found any tutorials that were helpful, or are you teaching yourself?
I’ve just kind of put time into it, mocking up different things and only looking for tutorials when there’s something specific I want to know how to do, like knurling. I started with Tinkercad, and then I moved on to Fusion, which has a student version and I think a hobby version for free. These are some other projects I’ve cut my teeth on. I usually either do a rough sketch on paper or use an existing photo as a canvas, and do the initial modeling off of that.
4D7F6C5F-2E6C-4C54-9CEF-7B211E70E0D5.png
AE2EB611-B0B7-46C4-BEFF-ABD7E4272687.png

Cool, thanks! I'm pretty much in the same boat, and have been using Tinkercad for way too long.

I used to be really proficient with AutoCAD, but it's been like ten years, and a lot has changed and my memory is terrible.

I have the trial version of Fusion, I'm hoping I got the right one and it won't expire!

Anyway, I blame Tinkercad, for the most part, because in teaching myself that, it kinda overwrote my CAD knowledge. You're forced to make shapes in a different way, and it messes with my brain!

Cool, thanks! I'm pretty much in the same boat, and have been using Tinkercad for way too long.

I used to be really proficient with AutoCAD, but it's been like ten years, and a lot has changed and my memory is terrible.

I have the trial version of Fusion, I'm hoping I got the right one and it won't expire!

Anyway, I blame Tinkercad, for the most part, because in teaching myself that, it kinda overwrote my CAD knowledge. You're forced to make shapes in a different way, and it messes with my brain!
Definitely haha. Tinkercad forces you to bend the rules in order to model some things that would be easier or just different in a normal program

Yes, exactly! It was very frustrating at times, having to go through all these steps to make a shape that would've taken a couple of clicks otherwise.

DC5DA477-33F0-464B-86AA-F59D2D622EB7.jpeg

So this part here I’ve designed to be like the base of a scope mount that was at one point broken off or removed. The detail of the broken mount I would do on the actual prop with files and maybe a soldering iron. Thoughts? I like props with a little bit of history and character.

I guess something I forgot to mention about modeling this gun in Fusion. I based the handle off of the Webley, and since I have a Webley airsoft revolver, I took a few of the dimensions from that. Unfortunately they don’t make airsoft versions with the awesome bird’s head grip, but oh well. So that helped with the scale for this process.
075E2988-FB3E-4B90-B223-995DD8CC38E3.jpeg

I kinda want to see it with a Reade cylinder at the front now. :lol:
Ask and ye shall receive…
LR-14N_2019-Oct-18_02-08-18AM-000_CustomizedView5618615025_png.png

It was a little difficult to do. I tried to cheat and use a model of the cylinder from a 3D print file of the DL-44, but the mesh had too many facets and it was close to crashing my computer. So I just used it for reference. I know it’s not great.
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 8.56.21 PM.png

As for the new model, I took back that flared section at the back, which to me was the biggest part that looked more like a ray gun than a blaster. I also added a few more greeblies.
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.05.56 AM.png

1F280843-659A-4DA2-A971-C30845EB0C3C.jpeg
6F9963FD-02A5-48D0-BCEA-E098A351A89A.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back