Hitman: Absolution, who's getting it?

I haven't tried this franchise yet. I'm slowly trying new ones. I got all the Assassin's creed games coming for the ps3. I do love the Gamestop commercial for this Hitman game though.

I've been a huge fan of the series since I played the first Hitman game back in 2001. I didn't really care for it's sequel, Silent Assassin, but Contracts and Blood Money were fantastic. Blood Money was probably my favorite out of all of them.

Upon seeing the videos and stuff for Absolution, I was really worried that the game would end up getting dumbed down, kind of like what happened to the Splinter Cell series. I've been reading the reviews over the last few days, and thankfully, it sounds like that wasn't the case. This is a classic Hitman game, some reviews have been saying it's even better than Blood Money.

There have been some features added that make the game easier, such as 47's "instinct mode", which shows you people through walls, the routes they take, and their cones of vision. Thankfully, IO Interactive, knowing their fanbase, also added a "Purist Mode" which turns all of that crap off. That's definitely the way I plan on playing through.

So yeah, I'll definitely be picking this up. It's been 6 long years since any of us got a new Hitman fix. I can't wait!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back