Hines Ward - The Dark Knight Rises by 4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Inspired by the latest trailer for The Dark Knight Rises comes this custom Hines Ward figure. Meticulous detail has been be given to this figure. I scoured dozens of photos of set pictures to accurately portray Hines Ward in his Gotham Rogues uniform. Thanks has to go to members of this forum who's photos really helped me make this figure as accurate as possible.

The figure is made by using parts from 7 different McFarlane sportspick figures and sculpted to seamlessly join the different parts.

Without further ado, here is a custom inspired by Hines Ward in The Dark Knight Rises:

Reference.jpg

Ward_01.jpg

Ward_02.jpg

Ward_04.jpg

Ward_05.jpg

Ward_06.jpg

Ward_08.jpg

Ward_09.jpg

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is some really nice work and attention to detail just curious why you didn't set the price higher on Ebay it's at $11 bucks or so and people will just sit there and wait. And for a one off and I'm sure you put in a few hours of work into it would hate to see someone snag it from you for basically nothing after all the work you put into it. Good job on this.

Thanks guys! The market on custom McFarlane figures just isn't what it use to be. I haven't sold a figure on eBay in about 6 years since I've been getting steady commissions. This piece was done for fun and I was curious to see how it would fare in the open market. I'm sure we will see a lot of these as the movie gets closer, I was just happy to actually be ahead of the game this time.

Very cool. If you live near Pittsburgh you could probably get him to sign it at one of his appearances. Though i'm not sure if he's sticking around the city now that he's retired.

Very cool. If you live near Pittsburgh you could probably get him to sign it at one of his appearances. Though i'm not sure if he's sticking around the city now that he's retired.

That would be cool. I'll leave that up to the buyer though. A lot of my clients have requested figures with custom bases that have a spot for a signature.

Only once did I get my figure in front of the athlete - Al Harris of the Green Bay Packers. It was such a cool experience. He really dug the work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back