Highlander: The TV Series

IronFist

Hi all,

First off, I don't know if this qualifies for prop discussion or if this should've been Off-Topic. If it needs to be moved, please do so and accept my advance apologies.

I know a lot of you are employed in or have professional contacts in the prop industry. I am looking to make contact with anyone who may have worked on the television show Highlander. Specifically, I'm looking for someone who has knowledge of the props from late in the first season and early in the second season. The episodes in question would have been filmed in France, but the props may still have been made in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I am on a quest to reproduce something that I was fortunate enough to have held over ten years ago, but not fortunate enough to be able to have afforded it at the time when it was being auctioned off. Also, I suppose, if you bought any Highlander props at the first Highlander convention in Denver, Colorado in 1994, maybe you still have the prop I'm looking for or know where I can find it, which would be even better.

Either way, please feel free to contact me here as I would like to speak with you.

Thanks for indulging me.

Chris

For what are you looking?
I'm on another Highlander website that may have picked it up at the convention.

David

Thanks, but no, that's not it. I guess I'll let the cat out: I'm after Darius' Watcher's Chronicle.

It was the first prop I ever associated with the knowledge that someone could actually buy a prop that was used in a movie or TV show. It was actually the whole reason I flew to Denver for the show (though I got so much more out of it than that).

Ever since then, it's been my Holy Grail, and I just feel I'm in a position to do something about that now.

Not sure what help I could offer - I never worked on the show or anything, but I was there at the con - I'm one of the founding members of the ShadowPlayers Stage Combat Group that performed the swordfighting demonstrations there.

Along with performing in about every other swordfight in the show, I played the part of Luke in the Return of the Jedi Vader vs. Luke lightsaber duel finale.

I was also selling swords for the mail-order company I had back then with a partner, 'SwordMasters'. My former partner owns the screen-used ornate El Cid 'Colada' sword that Richie takes out of the case in the pilot episode of the show, and that, along with a couple other high-end Highlander-related swords I own, was on display hanging inside two upright four-sided plexi display cases at the ends of our sales table.

I also met Gary Gillies, who (at that time, at least) owned (and brought) the original prototype Ramirez Katana from the first film, and a couple years later, I purchased from him a screen-used hero Ramirez Katana used in Highlander 2.

It'd be a great blast from the past if you actually had some pics of the con goings on there... I only have a handful myself.

Originally posted by LZeitgeist@Mar 19 2006, 09:48 AM
Not sure what help I could offer - I never worked on the show or anything, but I was there at the con - I'm one of the founding members of the ShadowPlayers Stage Combat Group that performed the swordfighting demonstrations there.

Along with performing in about every other swordfight in the show, I played the part of Luke in the Return of the Jedi Vader vs. Luke lightsaber duel finale.

I was also selling swords for the mail-order company I had back then with a partner, 'SwordMasters'. My former partner owns the screen-used ornate El Cid 'Colada' sword that Richie takes out of the case in the pilot episode of the show, and that, along with a couple other high-end Highlander-related swords I own, was on display hanging inside two upright four-sided plexi display cases at the ends of our sales table.

I also met Gary Gillies, who (at that time, at least) owned (and brought) the original prototype Ramirez Katana from the first film, and a couple years later, I purchased from him a screen-used hero Ramirez Katana used in Highlander 2.

It'd be a great blast from the past if you actually had some pics of the con goings on there... I only have a handful myself.
[snapback]1208788[/snapback]​

Tease.. For those of us that are huge Highlander fans I know I'd love to see your pics... I never got to attend one of the conventions....

Originally posted by LZeitgeist@Mar 19 2006, 10:48 AM

<geek moment> That is so flipping cool...</geek moment>

[snapback]1208788[/snapback]​

I don't have too many photo, either. They're mostly photos of me and the castmembers. I ended up volunteering my time to the organizers and because they were shorthanded, I worked security for them during the show (Yes, I was a "Purple Shirt"). That didn't leave a lot of time for touring the con, but it did have its perks.

I also have (somewhere...) a couple photos of Adrian getting into his limo as he was leaving. But nothing I have is appropriate to this board, and not very interesting in the first place. :)

Well this might not be too exciting, but I actually have a screen used Highlander prop.

If anyone remembers the fourth season episode in which a Romance writer makes a trashy novel about Duncan MacLeod called "Blade of the MacLeods",

well I have a prop copy of "Blade of the MacLeods" that was used in the show.

Not the Darius watchers chronicle I know, but still sort of cool I think.

Dan Stokes
DDStokes@aol.com

Originally posted by Anakin Starkiller@Mar 20 2006, 11:55 AM
Well this might not be too exciting, but I actually have a screen used Highlander prop.

If anyone remembers the fourth season episode in which a Romance writer makes a trashy novel about Duncan MacLeod called "Blade of the MacLeods",

well I have a prop copy of "Blade of the MacLeods" that was used in the show.

Not the Darius watchers chronicle I know, but still sort of cool I think.

Dan Stokes
DDStokes@aol.com
[snapback]1209457[/snapback]​

That's cool, Dan. I actually own the German Documents that Duncan would have used to smuggle the scientist out of Germany in Season 2, Episode 7, "The Return of Amanda".

Originally posted by EdgeofNowhere@Mar 20 2006, 12:08 PM
do you have any screencaps of this? it might be an interesting prop to make, if you can't find the actual piece
[snapback]1209465[/snapback]​

I sat down with my DVDs last week and made some caps. I plan to reproduce it soon. It's tough because there're four interior pages to reproduce, but the images aren't clear enough to make out the text that I need to enter.

Originally posted by IronFist+Mar 20 2006, 04:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Mar 20 2006, 04:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-EdgeofNowhere
@Mar 20 2006, 12:08 PM
do you have any screencaps of this? it might be an interesting prop to make, if you can't find the actual piece
[snapback]1209465[/snapback]​

I sat down with my DVDs last week and made some caps. I plan to reproduce it soon. It's tough because there're four interior pages to reproduce, but the images aren't clear enough to make out the text that I need to enter.
[snapback]1209479[/snapback]​
[/b]
Hi Guys,
I have 2 nice pices from the original Highlander movie I am looking to sell, drop me a line if you are interested. I used to work for Gary gillies at Alien War London and his sword lived under my desk for a while. he lent it to the production company for highlander 3 and was given a small part in an episode of the TV show.

Doug

<div class='quotetop'>(armourerdoug @ Mar 20 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1209622[/snapback]</div>
Originally posted by IronFist+Mar 20 2006, 04:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>(IronFist @ Mar 20 2006, 04:24 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-EdgeofNowhere
@Mar 20 2006, 12:08 PM
<div align="right">[snapback]1209465[/snapback]

<div align="right">[snapback]1209479[/snapback]</div>
[/b][/quote]
Hi Guys,
I have 2 nice pices from the original Highlander movie I am looking to sell, drop me a line if you are interested. I used to work for Gary gillies at Alien War London and his sword lived under my desk for a while. he lent it to the production company for highlander 3 and was given a small part in an episode of the TV show.

Doug
[/b][/quote]

Met Gary at the first official Highlander Fan Club Convention/'Gathering I' in Denver, Co in October 1994...stayed in touch with him for a few years but lost track of each other.

Was pleasantly stunned to see him there in Watcher Headquarters in the episode you reference... *grin*

What are you selling? Drop me a line at LZeitgeist@aol.com if you like...

<div class='quotetop'>(LZeitgeist @ Jun 8 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1258274[/snapback]</div>
Met Gary at the first official Highlander Fan Club Convention/'Gathering I' in Denver, Co in October 1994...stayed in touch with him for a few years but lost track of each other.
[/b]

Small world. I was working security at Gathering I.

<div class='quotetop'>(IronFist @ Jun 8 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]1258304[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(LZeitgeist @ Jun 8 2006, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1258274[/snapback]
[/b]

Small world. I was working security at Gathering I.
[/b][/quote]

Wow, small world indeed.. I was one of the swordfighting performers, there with my (former) fight group, the ShadowPlayers. Among other things, I portrayed Luke in the final Luke/Vader lightsaber fight that finished our show.

<div class='quotetop'>(Anakin Starkiller @ Mar 20 2006, 07:57 AM) [snapback]1209459[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone own any of the prop swords from the show?
Dan
[/b]

I don't have any prop swords from the show, but I did write the majority of the sword chronicles that appear on the season 3-6 DVDs.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back