Highlander remake

Why can't they use a real Scottish actor?Plenty that could pull it off! Kevin Mckidd would be perfect

You can't break tradition. You HAVE to have people playing across the spectrum.

The original had a Frenchman playing an American who was originally a Scotsman (Connor MacLeod), a Scotsman playing a Spaniard who was originally an Egyptian (Ramirez), and an American playing an American who was originally from Russia (Kurgan).

DON'T MESS WITH TRADITION!!!!

EDIT: While this post was largely sarcastic in nature, it should be noted that having someone who speaks one language speaking English with the accent of another language (such as Christopher Lambert's speech patterns in Highlander) really sells the notion of someone who has been all around the world and had the different languages affect their speech over the centuries.

Given how poor the sequels have been I don't see how a reboot can hurt at this point, I'd actually argue that if they're absolutely insistent on doing more Highlander movies then a reboot is about the only way to do it.

Given how poor the sequels have been I don't see how a reboot can hurt at this point, I'd actually argue that if they're absolutely insistent on doing more Highlander movies then a reboot is about the only way to do it.

I certainly don't think you can keep the existing continuity at this point. The actors are too old, the story has contradicted itself multiple times, etc. It's a cool concept, but one that has been woefully mismanaged. So, yeah, this is the odd case where a reboot might actually help if the story is to continue.

Or, you know, ignore it and go tell a new story.

I certainly don't think you can keep the existing continuity at this point. The actors are too old, the story has contradicted itself multiple times, etc. It's a cool concept, but one that has been woefully mismanaged. So, yeah, this is the odd case where a reboot might actually help if the story is to continue.

Or, you know, ignore it and go tell a new story.

As someone once eloquently put it: There should have been only one.

I've been saying this for years.
What was the one, single most message in the first movie?
"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

Five movies and a television series? Seriously? THE point of the first movie completely trashed.

Don't forget the cartoon series they didn't bother finishing about 3 episodes from the final fight. There's also an anime that has better reviews than anything since the first movie. Honestly i'd rather see an anime series with Lambert voicing the main character.

They caught lightning in a bottle with the first series. Lambert. Queen. The 1980s and a romanticized Scotland backdrop. Can't be replicated in a reboot or continuation. I wish it could but it cannot sorry. And I wish it would be so the most .......

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back