Higher-end 1:1 PROP ONLY displays?...

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Forgive me if this exists somewhere, but I'd love to see examples of PROP ONLY items in custom cases and built-in displays.

There are many threads using IKEA cases (or other mass produced cases) displaying Hot Toys figures and other small collectibles and these are GREAT!

But in this thread I'd like to focus on displaying 1:1 props (busts, helmets, weapons, misc accessories, etc) ONLY. Maybe more specifically "groupings" of props displayed together for a specific film.

I know that many here would agree that a really killer display can improve even a small or lackluster collection. There have got to be some really amazing custom displays out there!

** Post pics if you can, for those of us not on social media and can't view pics from FB groups etc...

Thanks!

Specific groupings of 1:1 Props?
How about Sci-Fi Weapons and gadgets! or Swords!! or Old West Guns!!!
I did my best to group them together in there by film, series, etc.
I bought new Dimmable LED lighting for each cube and over the top, haven't installed them yet.

I built those platforms in the cubes with plexiglass
IMG_2003.jpg

Attachments

• MZxo9E6yTZyC-WlSFGBRJA.jpg
    MZxo9E6yTZyC-WlSFGBRJA.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 130
  • y903ucLDRXG479qFY-oOXQ.jpg
    y903ucLDRXG479qFY-oOXQ.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Yes this is exactly what I meant!

These are great! Those acrylic platforms really show off the collection AND disappear in the space. Great idea!!

thanks for sharing!

Are those the Ikea cases? I like the look of those. Also who made your Witcher swords? I've seen that guy in Poland that is officially licensed, but haven't seen any others.

PicasoX - fantastic display! Thank you for sharing it! Are all of your acrylic blaster stands custom? I'm looking for a source to create one or two for my display, I'm interested in learning more about yours, they look great!

Some of the Blaster stands are custom,

some are just pistol display stands like what a gun store would use.

I also use some cellphone display stands that would be used in retail.
The Gary Seven pen has a retail display stand I found on ebay.

Here is a good source for many custom prop stands.
Prop Replica Acrylic Display stands
I asked him if he takes requests and the answer was no.

Looks great...do you know what type of pistols they used in the movie "Once upon a time in the west"?

Looks great...do you know what type of pistols they used in the movie "Once upon a time in the west"?
Henry Fonda used an 1873 Single Action Army Colt 45 Peacemaker, in "Once upon a time in the west"

In the picture:
  • F.lli Pietta 44 cal Black powder replica of an 1857 Remington, like Clint Eastwood used in "Pale Rider"
  • F.lli Pietta 44 cal Black powder replica of an 1851 Colt Navy, like Used in "Hell on Wheels"
  • *You can actually buy conversion cylinders to change those over to a 45 Long Colt Cartridge guns
  • 3rd Traditions Rawhide 22 cal Pistol which is a replica of an 1873 Colt SAA - probably the most common used gun in old west movies
  • 4th C02 Pistol replica of a 1875 S&W Model 3 AKA Schofield revolver, Like the kid used in "Unforgiven"
  • 5th Denix Peacemaker, which I bought after dropping my Single Action .357 Magnum Ruger on the cement floor and breaking the rear sight learning to spin like a cowboy!

Last edited:
Great collection!

And thanks...now I need to know Bronsons Colt.Wanna make a display from this movie.Love this film.

Do you mean the 44 Automag from Deathwish?
I believe he's still referring to Once Upon a Time in the West. Was Charles Bronson's pistol a different model of Colt in that film?

In Deathwish (3) Bronson had a .475 Wildey Magnum. The .44 Automag is in Sudden Impact, the fourth Dirty Harry film.

I believe he's still referring to Once Upon a Time in the West. Was Charles Bronson's pistol a different model of Colt in that film?

In Deathwish (3) Bronson had a .475 Wildey Magnum. The .44 Automag is in Sudden Impact, the fourth Dirty Harry film.
Yes you´re right.I need Bronsons and Fondas pistol for my display.

Very cool! I had to stop myself from ordering a couple swords from him because I'm trying to focus on Star Wars. I may cave eventually...
The Witcher swords are very cool, they feel pretty solid but they are not sharpened and low quality Stainless Steel, really they are just big butter knives, just like the United cutlery Hobbit Sword. I think the Marto Conan sword is made out some sort of stainless steel, but it seems high quality and very solid, its a sharpened blade and seems like you could hack a car in two with it.

Some of the European swords are Cold Steel, they seem to be of good quality, the Excalibur is a Dark Sword Armory. All of the Katanas are battle ready, sharpened, folded high carbon steel, with the some of the best ones being the two Irishamericanlads T10 highlander swords.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back