High Res CTU logo?

TFrosst

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can someone post a high res CTU logo (the one with the yello eagle) preferably on a white background? I've searched and havn't been able to come up with anything.

Been looking for it too. Have a guy drawing it up for me now. I'll post when I get it.

You need corel draw to open that .CDR file

Originally posted by ursus43+Mar 26 2006, 11:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ursus43 @ Mar 26 2006, 11:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TFrosst
@Mar 26 2006, 12:37 AM
What is a .cdr file type and how do i open it?
[snapback]1213468[/snapback]​

Paint shop pro will open it also.
[snapback]1213509[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hmmm..my Paint Shop Prop 7.0 says it's an improper type and will not open it. Can someone convert it for us folks w/o CD?

Illustrator CS2 also opens it but it's all black and would take a long time to re-colour. Why would anyone post it as a Coreldraw file? Seems silly to me.

Originally posted by dr_slurpee@Mar 26 2006, 07:33 AM
Illustrator CS2 also opens it but it's all black and would take a long time to re-colour. Why would anyone post it as a Coreldraw file? Seems silly to me.
[snapback]1213559[/snapback]​

Not silly to the person that has Corel Draw as their main illustration program. ;)

Well no, that's not entirely silly (depending on what you are using the program for ;)) what was silly to me was making it publicly available in that non-industry standard format...EPS would make MUCH more sense, but the whole gift horse thing. ;)

If someone could open it in CD and re-save it as an EPS that would be good.

Well I use Corel as my normal graphics program so I thought Id convert it for you guys.

Unfortunately I see why it was posted in its native format now. The 36k cdr file turns into a monster 170 MEG file as an EPS and a whopping 295 MEG as an .AI file when output using corels export filters.

No way Im uploading those. :confused

Want me to try wpg or wmf ? At least wmf can be imported into eevn word files.

Did you try zipping the EPS? It should be only a fraction of the size zipped. When I open the CDR file and save it through Ilustrator it is no where 170MB. Corel must convert every inch of it to a point or something when saving as an EPS or AI file.

Just been playing around with the settings and the problem is with the placeable headers. If you choose to have one then its adds in a bitmap as well as the other file info and with it being 10+inch image that leads to a big image header.

When scaled down to 3.5 inch its more manageble. 10 meg for the Ai and 21 for the eps. I could drop the placeable header or lower the resolution settings for the header only and see what that gives.

Theres also something pretty screwy happening with the way the image layers have been constructed in the original. Not the way I would have put it together at all, but cant really complain when its free :)

With purely vector doesnt matter what size you have it which is why I like corel.

I don't think the bitmap is necessary at all so if it reduces file size significantly then I say drop it. Also, like I said, zipping the EPS or AI will greatly drop the file size.

I am not sure how familiar you are with Illustrator, and I was unsure if your comment about vector was just a general comment or a comparison of Corel vs Illustrator. Either way I thought I'd mention that Illustrator is a vector drawing program. It's the industry (graphic design) standard for vector graphics...though MUCH more expensive than Corel.

It was a general comment on vector art :) I know what illustrator is, I just dont have a copy of it, or the time to learn it instead of corel which Ive used since version 3.

Been checking various options in the export filters and alo looking more closely at the artwork itself and I think I know what causing the file size increaes whn its exported.

Corel has this tool called a 'lens' effect. Now the creator of the ctu.cdr file has used a graduated lens effect to darken the eagle where it overlaps the black sections of the background. This only uses about 1k extra in the corel file but causes massive problems when exporting. So much so that the 205 meg eps output drops down to a measely 205k.

Same with trying an AI version.

Im going to try a different way to get the same effect and see what results I get afterwards.

Yeah I didn't want to sound patronizing or something there. :) Sometimes the benefits of learning new applications don't outweigh the time or costs involved.

How about just setting the transparency? Or just selecting the a colour that matches it and filling those areas with that colour? Even a 10MB AI file would zip down to probably less than 5MB, which is definitely more managable.

Funny you should mention that. Instead of using a bloody complicated graduated fill as a transparency layer for the lens tool Ive converted it to a simple transparency.

Could you try importing this WMF and see what it looks like on your system CTU.WMF file its only 280k in size.

Perfect. Works for me, it should be importable into most other programs.

By the way, when saved as an EPS from Illustrator it's about 2.5MB, and zips down to a little less than 1MB.

yep, works for me too. 2.6MB as a CS2 file and exporting it out for older Illustrator users it's only 2.9MB.

thanks, now I can have that display on my phone to go along with my CTU ringtone. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back