High-Poly Horizon: Zero Dawn Focus

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
Looks great though!
Hey serin019 ! YEAH IT DOES! Wonder Twin Powers ACTIVATE! I can't believe this worked, not bad for a first timer, eh?!

If the detail gets washed out, delete a line. I made it with seven, but you could try it with 6 lines too, and see which one holds the detail. 6 lines would give you more space to thicken the individual lines and the spacing a bit as well, but may lose some of the 'carbon fiber effect'.

I'm blown away by how fast you put this together! Thank you for taking the time to try this on your model, I totally dig it!

serin019

Hey serin019 ! YEAH IT DOES! Wonder Twin Powers ACTIVATE! I can't believe this worked, not bad for a first timer, eh?!

If the detail gets washed out, delete a line. I made it with seven, but you could try it with 6 lines too, and see which one holds the detail. 6 lines would give you more space to thicken the individual lines and the spacing a bit as well, but may lose some of the 'carbon fiber effect'.

I'm blown away by how fast you put this together! Thank you for taking the time to try this on your model, I totally dig it!
Tis very almost perfect!
Seamless textures are a pain, but as you can see in this vid - the result of an almost perfect texture can bugger stuff up later on. IE the lines where one can see where the UV's meet. Not the hugest deal, and fixable with photoshop.

But yeah, a quick vid to demonstrate how I've been doing it.

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
DUDE! serin019 ! That's AWESOME! It's neat to see how the surface changes as you tinker with the settings! Thank you for making that video and sharing it here!

When you mentioned fixing images in Photoshop to help prevent artifacts, in this instance, would it simply be a matter of running a white stripe over the edges where the individual squares intersect. Kind of like the white grid you'd see from grout in tiled floors, backsplashes, etc.?

serin019

DUDE! serin019 ! That's AWESOME! It's neat to see how the surface changes as you tinker with the settings! Thank you for making that video and sharing it here!

When you mentioned fixing images in Photoshop to help prevent artifacts, in this instance, would it simply be a matter of running a white stripe over the edges where the individual squares intersect. Kind of like the white grid you'd see from grout in tiled floors, backsplashes, etc.?
Not that simple, unfortunately.
'Seamless' means, more or less, that if you sat the texture next to itself, it'd blend seamlessly into itself. IE the pattern would follow without interruption. Each part would match up with the duplicate texture etc.
In this case I think you'd probably have to find the exact middle of the individual fibers around the edge and crop to there. At least I think that'd be the best move. Just woke up, more coffee required :p