hi, this movie was "howling"?

Feliuzz

i remember a long time ago, i saw "howling", but i don remember what movie shows in its end titles the horrible face of a woman in the background, that really scared me when i was a little boy...somebody remember this???

The Howling is a top-shelf werewolf film. It does end with a woman sitting at a bar but the final shot is a hamburger on a grill. I think.

I think the scene you remember is the newswoman turning into a werewolf while on the air, with the kids watching on TV "Look, the news lady is a werewolf!"

And she was so cute and fuzzy too! :love

End shot was the hamburger sizzling on the grill.

Man I haven't seen this film in decades!

I might be mixing werewolf films... but is this the one where one of the werewolves hands a rifle back to the good guy calling it a "gift" (not knowing it is actually loaded with silver bullets)?

Kevin

And she was so cute and fuzzy too! :love

End shot was the hamburger sizzling on the grill.

Man I haven't seen this film in decades!

I might be mixing werewolf films... but is this the one where one of the werewolves hands a rifle back to the good guy calling it a "gift" (not knowing it is actually loaded with silver bullets)?

Kevin

Yep, there was a scene near the end where he hands the rifle back.

"Silver bullets my ass..." Followed by a shocked look as he dies after being shot.

The Howling is a classic werewolf movie. Not like say, Silver Bullet where you have a movie with a werewolf in it, The Howling was a movie ABOUT werewolves! :thumbsup

HeeeeeHeeeee, I remember in the theater when she changed this Teen Girl said out loud "Oooohhh, she's so Fluffy." We all died laughing.

At the very end of Joe Dante's The Howling is a scene on T.V. from the original Universal The Wolf-Man (1941) with Maria Ouspenskya's old gypsy fortune-teller "Maleva" telling Lon Chaney Jr's "Larry Talbot" that he is a werewolf and the classic line "Go! And Heaven help you." can be heard before a white noise screen comes on and then is shut off. This is at the very end of the credits.

Last edited:
The Howling is a top-shelf werewolf film. It does end with a woman sitting at a bar but the final shot is a hamburger on a grill. I think.
yes, this was the first film. i think i saw this in the next film, in howling II, but im not sure. i remember that really horrible face in the background of the credits, but when i was looking i saw that woman ripping off her dress again and again in the end credits...im confused

I think the scene you remember is the newswoman turning into a werewolf while on the air, with the kids watching on TV "Look, the news lady is a werewolf!"
thanks buddy, but i remember a black and white photo in the background of the end credits, mostly her scary eyes

yes, this was the first film. i think i saw this in the next film, in howling II, but im not sure. i remember that really horrible face in the background of the credits, but when i was looking i saw that woman ripping off her dress again and again in the end credits...im confused

that was howling 2. The only thing going for it was that ladies boobs that they showed over and over again during the credits. Sybil Danning maybe? Queen werewolf that could only be killed with titanium? Please.

I just watched the original. the ONLY thing I think should be upgraded is the couple shots of the stop motion werewolves. Don't get me wrong I like stop motion movies. But in this one it just doesn't fit IMHO. Also, it's really not even good stop mo. I'm not saying I would like CG werewolves any better but..well....I dunno... Maybe I take it back..Just leave it as it is, I guess. If they went into it they would prbably just screw it all up.

I just watched the original. the ONLY thing I think should be upgraded is the couple shots of the stop motion werewolves. Don't get me wrong I like stop motion movies. But in this one it just doesn't fit IMHO. Also, it's really not even good stop mo. I'm not saying I would like CG werewolves any better but..well....I dunno... Maybe I take it back..Just leave it as it is, I guess. If they went into it they would prbably just screw it all up.

The only thing that really bugged me in the original as far as FX goes was during the scene where Brad and Marsha are having sex and turning into werewolves and it switches to this really bad cartoon image from a distance. I roll my eyes every time I see that part.

I watched this one a few days ago (see my earlier post on how I'd never seen it before). I was impressed, definitely one of the better werewolf movies I've seen.

Robert Picardo caught me off guard, I didn't realize it was him until near the end. Otherwise, most of what I've seen him in was Star Trek. "I'm a werewolf, not a doctor". :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back