Hi all, best clay for scuplting for a latex mould

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TK7713Gra30

Hi

I am a military sculpter and painter and as I am used to small areas, air drying is not a problem.

I show one of my figs below painted in oils, 1/32
Untitled-TrueColor-19.jpg

What is the best clay to use for a larger areas ie head, with the intention to mould in latex.

I do realise the master will be destoyed but any help is really appreciated.

best wishes

gra

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
So lemme get this straight. The end result you want to have is a Wearable Latex Mask?

In a quick rundown, Sculpt the Head out of a Oil clay like Chavant or WED CLAY (water clay). After the head is sculpted make a Stone mold with Ultracal30 plaster(gypsum) and then you pour latex into the Plaster mold which produces a wearable latex mask.

TK7713Gra30

So lemme get this straight. The end result you want to have is a Wearable Latex Mask?

In a quick rundown, Sculpt the Head out of a Oil clay like Chavant or WED CLAY (water clay). After the head is sculpted make a Stone mold with Ultracal30 plaster(gypsum) and then you pour latex into the Plaster mold which produces a wearable latex mask.

Hi,

That is exactly the advice I needed,
I sculpt my figures in milliput but it dries too quick for a long sculpt.

I have Chavant as I use it as a base for 2 piece moulds.

many thanks and see you soon with a sculpt, will need some tips on big casting then
best wishes
gra