HGU-20/P Flight Helmet

Good luck with finding one of these helmets to mold. The real deal is going for more then $1k. If anyone is going to mold their helmet, put me on the list for one :lol

it's a casting off an original one in fiberglass, it's not painted, I asked for black gelcoat, it does open and close I just don't have the latches to lock it. I also need the visor locks. The hinges are oem for the top, as is the clear visor and surround, got any parts???

Will

it's a casting off an original one in fiberglass, it's not painted, I asked for black gelcoat, it does open and close I just don't have the latches to lock it. I also need the visor locks. The hinges are oem for the top, as is the clear visor and surround, got any parts???

Will
Hello.

I appreciate that this reply is now 10 years (!) late, but, you never know. Would you possibly be able to pass on the contact details of the person who moulded the helmet shell parts for you? Or would you be willing to sell me yours? I could mould it, then return to you? I'm also in the process of making this helmet, and have slowly started to attempt to draw and scale the various parts in C.A.D. It's slow going. A definite reference such as the shell body would be a huge help.

Please contact me if you are able to assist. Thanks.

I'm about half the way there, I modelled the helmet for my Firefox miniature, it needs a bit of refinement, but it's pretty close

Firefox helmet.jpg

It is just a thin fibreglass split shell, so it should be fairly easy to print a mould to make masters from.

Navy HGU-20P 04.jpg

Being a biker I started looking for helmet visors as donor parts as you can't easily make them out of thick enough acrylic to look right, found one that appears to be a very close match

Vega VST1 and HGU-20P.jpg

All the hardware pieces are going to be the tricky parts of course...

I found this thread a month or so back while working on my ACES helmet build. I'm in the process of commissioning a model that should be available within the next month or so. Full disclosure Its being rendered as a VFX model so it will take some extra time and attention to convert it to a printable model. I figured you guys may be interested. If anyone has any inputs while its being finalized, I'm all ears Here is what I have so far

Attachments

• pnHswNHcJrRAyQTo_3.jpg
    pnHswNHcJrRAyQTo_3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 178
  • RCbDhtvXYQPESmq3_1.jpg
    RCbDhtvXYQPESmq3_1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 168
  • JpPaniANtiSe7Fx9_8.jpg
    JpPaniANtiSe7Fx9_8.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 189
  • cMPMDvYv6xsBRga4_4.jpg
    cMPMDvYv6xsBRga4_4.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 195
  • SHXZmGf8K5ytkrRV_5.jpg
    SHXZmGf8K5ytkrRV_5.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 226
I found this thread a month or so back while working on my ACES helmet build. I'm in the process of commissioning a model that should be available within the next month or so. Full disclosure Its being rendered as a VFX model so it will take some extra time and attention to convert it to a printable model. I figured you guys may be interested. If anyone has any inputs while its being finalized, I'm all ears Here is what I have so far

Please tell me this is going to happen?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back