"Hey that's my dinner!" Luke's ration kit from ESB. Lets identify all the food.

GINO

Sr Member
I'm working on recreating Luke's ration kit from ESB from the scene where he meets Yoda but I'm having trouble identifying some of the snacks in his kit.
I figured the more eyes on this the better.
Since this was made in the UK I thought maybe some UK peeps might recognize some of the items (if they happen to be UK specific).
So far I've only identified the white tic tacs, and the yellow/orange mix tic tacs.
Also in the middle row far left looks to me like candy caramels rolled into round nuggets.
The first step is to identify as many items as possible.
The second step is to find a way to preserve them from rotting long term or create replica versions of them.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the best pics I have.

yoda_food1.png

yoda_food2.png

yoda_food3.png

yoda_food4.png

I see a lot of square crackers.
Those long sticks habe been identified as well, but I can‘t remember what they were...

Chick-o-sticks look to be, quite possibly, the long things

The large rectangle reminds me of hard pumpernicke, or those (sorry UK folks) weird dense bread snacks

Yeah they do look like chick o stick maybe airbrushed? Chick o stick is bright orange and those appear brown.
There's a million cracker type items out there I was hoping someone might see them and be like, oh I know exactly what that is. lol

People have always said there were chick-o-sticks in there, but they don't look like them to me. Plus, were chick-o-sticks even available in the UK?

Those yellow things are thick. I almost want to say the "look" of tofu. Now, MH did admit the milk they drank was camping "long lasting" milk, so I would assume nothing in there is perishable

Those yellow things are thick. I almost want to say the "look" of tofu. Now, MH did admit the milk they drank was camping "long lasting" milk, so I would assume nothing in there is perishable

They almost look like the butter squares you get in some restaurants :unsure:

I'm thinking the yellow ones are sweet sugar pineapple cubes. These were a huge sweet favourite here in the UK with Cola cubes and others.

Lee

Originally when I saw ESB as a kid, the "chick-o-stick" reminded me of a very old refrigerated carrot!

First time hearing it could be chick-o-stick, but it sure does look like one.

Maybe Laffy Taffy for the yellow blocks?

Couple older threads here:

I see some beef jerky strips and perhaps some other dried meat similar to “Slim Jim’s”

“Step into a rebel ration kit!!!!”

The case itself appears to be either a fishing lure storage case or a storage case for screws, etc.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back