Hey Kids - Let's cast THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (plus a rumor I heard at WB)

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
A couple of producers I know told me they were involved with the upcoming Justice League movie -- I've known these guys for years and as nice as they are they have never been involved with something as big as JL, so who knows. They did say Warner is basically trying to follow Marvel's lead (no surprise there) and amongst the heavy hitters already expected to be on hand (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman) they want to put in a comic relief character (they seem to believe this is what Ant Man will be - no matter how much I defended the character I had to admit I had no idea how Pym will be handled in this upcoming film). Then when they told me the character Warner was planning to include.... well, I smiled and could totally see it as a good thing. The idea of Plastic Man bouncing all over the place and the fact that the studio is looking at David Tennent to bring him to life -- it was the first time I got excited to see a Justice League movie. So let's look at the characters - and seeing how none of us know what the line-up will be, go ahead and put in your personal fantasy players and who will play them.

225755-a.jpg

Superman -- taken
Batman -- Affleck (Hmmm... did he sign on for Justice League too?)
Wonder Woman -- Evangeline Lilly (haven't seen her lately - so this depends on how she's aged) or Jennifer Lawrence (this will only work if they make it a point in the movie that she has recently moved up from Wonder Girl to Wonder Woman who has been missing since WW2 - perhaps Diana is her sister and her subplot is she's looking for her.
Aquaman -- Michael Fassbender
Green Lantern -- Matthew Fox
The Flash -- Timothy Olyphant
Martian Manhunter -- Vin Diesel

Except for Fassbender who could have conflict with his Magneto role, and Lawrence with her Mystic, both Marvel, that could actually work.
Take a look at the Hobbit thread, Evangeline Lily is playing an elf and looking pretty good.
On a more personal level, I don't really want to see Vin Diesel because I barely understand him when he talks. I have no trouble understanding both american english and british english, but Diesel seems to growl more than he speaks. It's the first time in years I had to use subtitles for his lines in the latest F&F. But that's just me...

I totally blanked on Fassbender being Magneto and Lawrence as well - yep, they couldn't do it. And as for Vin, I always expected they will probably augment Manhunter's voice -- maybe they can make it clearer! :D

Evangeline Lily would be nice but I think that she's a bit too small to play Wonder Woman, I don't think that she has the height or the physique to play WW although the physique thing is correctable.

Vin Diesel is in the Marvel roster as Groot now.

I got Mathew McConaughey as Booster Gold and Chris Pine as Green Arrow

Seems like Marvel is stealing them all :lol I like the idea of Jaimie Alexander as WW, but Marvel snagged her too as Lady Syf already.
Gina Cerano is a name popping up here and there, she definitely has the look and the build for it, but the acting chops ...? Not sure. Bonus point though : she's dating Henry Cavill.

Isn't Manhunter supposed to be African American in his human disguise ? So why not an African American actor ?

dint he leave her for the blonde from big bang theory altho they split up now aswell?

Benedict cumberbatch as Aquaman. If they would go with green lantern jon stewart then Idris Elba altho i gotta say marvel so far has gotten alot of actors that would fit nicely in dc aswell :p.

Isn't Manhunter supposed to be African American in his human disguise ? So why not an African American actor ?

Not really. His human disguise traditionally is white. In the Justice League/Unlimited and The Batman he was voiced by black actors but his human disguise was still white. I think Smallville is the only time he's been portrayed with a black human disguise. So really it should be a white guy dubbed with a black guy's voice. Maybe they can get Prowse and James Earl Jones for that.

I agree with Gina Cerano as WW, simply because I can't think of an actress I've heard of that I'd buy in the role otherwise. I would assume they'd do the founding seven of the New 52 League, so it'd be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), The Flash (Barry Allen), and Aquaman. I could go for Nathan Fillion as Hal. Some part of me wants Matt Damon as Aquaman just for the fun of his playing of Ben with the subtle tug of who should be in charge of the League from the comics. My fantasy casting wants Alan Tudyk as Barry, for the built in chemistry with Nathan that Hal and Barry should have. Sadly I can't think of anyone for Cyborg at the moment.

My bad, last time I've seen his human form was in a JLA episode I saw many years ago, memory got confused ! Although I'm pretty sure he wore a fedora hat :D

And indeed Cerano and Cavill broke up, these stars change partners like socks...
I'd love Nathan Fillion as Hal, and I'm sure he'd love it too, but he's getting a bit old and would need a severe cardio and weight training ! Not impossible though, Shannon wasn't in a particularly great shape prior to his Zod role and there are close in age I think.

nathan fillion unfortunately wont play any superheros in the near future, according to himself.

he said he is to busy with his other stuff to commit to such a big part.

I kinda like the idea of chris pine as green lantern if DC goes with hal jordan again, Also idris elba as manhunter? I like that idea.

Also I have a friend who is in film school right now and him and his friends there are writing a justice league script just for fun but its pretty cool the people they cast were

Superman: Henry Cavill
Batman: Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman: Gemma Arterton
Aquaman: Jenson ackles
Flash: Matthew Goode
Martian Manhunter: Idris Elba
Green Lantern: Chris Pine

Gina Carano doesn't fit the bill for me. She's athletic but doesn't have the statuesque Amazonian-type athletic build that would be ideal for WW.

Tall? Gina Carano is only 5'8", Wonder Woman is typically listed as being 6'.

Addressing the OP, do they really need a comedy relief character? They couldn't just write the script so the main cast has a sense of humor? Have Batman rag on Supes for wrecking Metropolis in MOS, stuff like that so they feel like real people that are actually friends.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back