HERO LEVEL Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle FINISHED- Plus Pro Photo Shoot- First Post

unorthodoxdesig

***NEW PICS HAVE BEEN PUT IN FIRST POST FOR EASE OF VIEWING***

Hey all, this thread represents almost 2 years of work to create this gun... Not a lot of free time I'm afraid.. Next I want to build ENCLAVE POWER ARMOR to go with it.. That'll take even longer probably :D

This gun was inspired by everything VOLPIN has done, as well as CitizenSnips (flickr) who pulled off the first hero-level plasma gun build. I tried to make mine unique enough where it wasnt a direct copy.

Thanks for looking!

Here's the links

The Plasma Rifle by Mike Cameron at Coroflot

UNORTHODOX DESIGN | OFFICIAL SITE

387126_0sgvitnujtzqp0689d6wunjdg.png

387126_fgodb_4tmx7ccdatkgazdldy7.png

387126_4arlcibhkcwrglq5nry0rxksv.png

387126_g5rbuj7smudhswp9gmshpgrpb.png

387126_ordlxntvekyqlkyhwlk4nik9r.jpg

387126_gxud8ikvwd_ml8ff8bfczfdxc.jpg

387126_4ypcklcmduj7ldutlvnd4mvf3.jpg

original_387126_tlb2oxymimxplkrgpkmmvgvla.jpg

387126_cwkq4mhqfuxho6x30idrvlpkz.png

387126_7ydpfciu09ngz2dytundpyvgh.png

387126_hytk_y_g4lt6birmnhqsp7l0m.png

387126_lko_qvkxpngsy5prpeudffbko.png

387126_kuily5s_bsttxgiuugppb_tqz.png

387126_z9kq0jsdpvcj7kypsrwtatitz.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle

holy mother! Talk about a serious build. That looks amazing, and your attention to detail is superb. How many different materials are being used for this one prop?!

Re: Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle

Well... the base is MDF, acrylic tubes, styrene sheet and extrusions, metal handles for the vanes at the front, steel strips for the front of the rifle stock (for rigidity when attaching to main body), ABS pipe for main yellow body and portholes, abs strips for rifle stock, black walnut wood for all grips, LED arrays and bulbs for lighting, wire, various bits of old hardware, various types of tubing

hmmm I think that's it hehe.. It's taken 4 months so far so I've just been cobbling pieces together as I find solutions to making the various components. Thanks for the support!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back