Hero Fertility Idol??

Droidboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was at the Indianapolis Children's Museum last week and took these pictures. It sure looks like the hero idol, but I thought I'd let the more trained eyes say yay or nay.

Thoughts?

IMG00009-20120303-1244.jpg

IMG00008-20120303-12431.jpg

IMG00007-20120303-1243.jpg

IMG00006-20120303-1243.jpg

IMG00005-20120303-1243.jpg

Woot!! I thought so too. I couldn't tell you how excited I was to be just inches away from it. Now to figure out how to get it out of the glass to take some really good pictures of it.

Yep, that's it alright!! The only thing not showing up on your photos is the silver in the mouth and around the baby. Could you see much silver in these areas in person?

Thanks for the photos by the way!!!!!! :thumbsup

Andy

I dunno....I'll go back with a better camera and take more pics.

Yep, that's it alright!! The only thing not showing up on your photos is the silver in the mouth and around the baby. Could you see much silver in these areas in person?

Thanks for the photos by the way!!!!!! :thumbsup

Andy

I was at The Children's Museum yesterday. I dismissed it as a fake until I saw the eyes and the seam on its head. Here's a few of the pics I took that day. Not sure if they add anything, but I hope they do.

Thanks for taking and sharing these photos!!! Anyone else going to see this Idol, please keep the photos coming!!! :thumbsup

Cheers,

Andy

I remember seeing in the bonus disc on the Raiders series dvd set that the back of the head popped off to reveal some sorta motor or something for the eyes. Has it ever been figured out what it did? Did it move the eyes or did it make it light up? What was it for?

How can that be the hero idol?
I thought they were made out of fiberglass.
Unless the one pictured here actually is....
jameth1971 said: "It has the bad re-worked Gold Plating just like the pic from the archives." - Please explain!
:)

jameth1971 said: "It has the bad re-worked Gold Plating just like the pic from the archives." - Please explain!

You can gold plate fiberglass. This one was renovated a few year back but it was badly made.

This is the real HERO idol and it IS fiberglass.

The bad re-worked gold plating means that this HERO idol was "restored" a while back while it was in the archives. It was taken to a plating company that did the C3PO for the prequals and has done a poor job replating it. The original plating was a bad plating job as well anyway.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back