Heritage Auctions Star Wars props... thoughts? (Luke Saber, Helmets) July 2021

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on the recent Star Wars listings coming up in the July 2021 Heritage Auction. Mandalorian stormtrooper helmet is just soooooo off from the screen used ones not even where to start with that one lol. Something about the Luke hilt seems not right too. Interested to see what our veteran saber experts have to say. Just to name a few, theres a couple other pieces too: Mando Jawa robes, Kylo helmet, maul saber, etc

lf-1.jpg

lf-5.jpg

lf.jpg

Didn't they use Black Series Rogue One helmets for those scenes?

I was looking through their site the other day and saw a lot of things the didn't look or even sound legit.

I'm not questioning it, I have no idea. but I am curious if anyone knows: why does a stunt look like the hero? I was under the impression that all the action had already been filmed by the time the hero was built.

Edit: nevermind a little research answered my own question, at least partly.

Last edited:
It does "look" like a Rubies, but on close up, there are differences. If you go to the auction site the "view full size" for the close up is ridiculous. And no, the helmet does not match the screen shot. Just a quick comparison of the vocoder would confirm that

Heritage is coming under a lot of scrutiny now with this as well as the TOS Trek Phaser they are putting on the block :confused:

Didn't they use Black Series Rogue One helmets for those scenes?

I was looking through their site the other day and saw a lot of things the didn't look or even sound legit.
That was the early rumors, which I proved wrong with side by side reference images

you can tell right away by the ear caps being totally different

Luke saber is a mold taken after production. Control box was altered for a pick-up shot after everything wrapped I'm 90% sure, and this cast includes those details. We can pretty easily timestamp props that were altered for production needs, which is neat. So, not a stunt saber, I'm not 100% sure mark ever even touched it. That being said, it's a very good cast of the hero prop maybe made by the production team or someone affiliated, which is cool. Maybe not 5 digits cool, but cool.

I would be very suspicious of Heritage Auctions after seeing that video and watching how the sketchy Phaser auction played out.
On top of that, now that Joe Magdelena from Profiles in History has joined Heritage, I'd really be concerned. I pointed out some pieces in PoH's lobby that were misrepresented as Star Wars production maquettes, and they never changed them - and I knew the truth, because I had made those models.

I was about to start a new thread, but I'm glad to see that we can keep the Heritage Auctions discussions here, thank you :)

There are a lot of interesting pieces in the 2023 edition, but I'd like to get your thoughts about this Rebel blaster from ANH (Heritage Auctions 2023). It doesn't appear to be based on a Sterling, and it is mentioned that it could be a background blaster, but it's the very first time I see a DH-17 looking like that
I know that Profiles in History (now called Heritage Auctions) got attention multiple times by selling fan-made and wrong stuff in the past.

"This particular gun is more of a background piece although it has many elements of the foreground pieces, including the aluminum detailed barrel and working trigger, as well as some detailing at the rear."

I have real doubts and I look forward to getting your thoughts

Attachments

• lf (2).jpeg
    lf (2).jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 57
  • lf (3).jpeg
    lf (3).jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 50
  • lf (4).jpeg
    lf (4).jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 48
  • lf.jpeg
    lf.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 51
Damn! What is this? Even the single point is not a real one nor a cast of a real one!
To me, it's weird to call this a background blaster in the sense they most of the time cast the heros for this purpose. Why would they use casts and weird background props like this at the same time, I wonder...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back