Done / Completed Here Lies Emmett Brown **RUN CLOSED**

hdtheater

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My build thread had some renewed interest and I decided to open an interest thread to keep it all separated.

Here is the link if you want to follow the research I put into making the replica.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=146312

These are all CNC cut from rigid pink foam. This material is used to allow you to display these outside for Halloween or inside for a collection. They are lightweight for shipping and storage. Each tombstone is made from multiple layers of the foam and the center layer has slots cut in it for using wooden stakes to secure it to the ground. These will not slide free like the metal ones you buy at the store.

I will include a tombstone finishing guide to aid in finishing these. These are made from foam which can melt if you use the wrong kind of paint on them. I prefer Latex house paint.

There are three versions: - (Prices do not include shipping)

1. Emmett Brown - $65
2. Clint Eastwood - $65
3. Double Sided - Emmett (Side 1) / Clint (Side 2) - $85

The tombstone measures around 36" tall and 19" wide and 2.25" thick.

34788471474_431509a794_z.jpg

35242963460_c18e61b0ed_z.jpg

Info on shipping for those that have asked:

UPS is the cheapest for the continental US.

I pulled up some samples from different areas of the country and found the following to give you an idea what it might cost. (cost is based on a single tombstone)

Los Angeles - $28
New York City - $28
Orlando - $24
Phoenix - $27
Omaha - $20

Average cost is ~$25

For shipping international, USPS is the only carrier that is "affordable". I say that lightly, because it is still a steep charge.

Shipping to UK for one tombstone is $65.

These rates are all based on using a box sized 37x27x4 which is the most affordable size for a single tombstone.

Thanks,

-Eric

1. Davidsjferguson - Emmett Brown - SHIPPED
  2. Davidsjferguson - Clint Eastwood- SHIPPED
  3. SPIDERSTELLA - Emmett Brown- SHIPPED
  4. HALLIWAX- Emmett Brown- SHIPPED
  5. Squeaks - Emmett Brown- SHIPPED
  6. Squeaks - Emmett Brown- SHIPPED
  7. MacMalloy - double sided- SHIPPED
  8. MacMalloy - double sided- SHIPPED
  9. Sheeple - double sided- SHIPPED
  10. Martin Jr. - Double Sided- SHIPPED
  11. EmmainCandyland - Emmett Brown
  12. Heccubus 114 - Emmett Brown
  13. MitasTouch

Last edited:
Re: Here Lies Emmett Brown

please put me down for

x1 Emmett Brown - $65

​any idea roughly how much shipping will be?

Wow - this is super cool! I don't have a large BTTF collection, but at this price, I may have to jump on this! Curious about shipping - I live in AZ.

Curious also to see a successful paint job...

Info on shipping for those that have asked:

UPS is the cheapest for the continental US.

I pulled up some samples from different areas of the country and found the following to give you an idea what it might cost. (cost is based on a single tombstone)

Los Angeles - $28
New York City - $28
Orlando - $24
Phoenix - $27
Omaha - $20

Average cost is ~$25

For shipping international, USPS is the only carrier that is "affordable". I say that lightly, because it is still a steep charge.

Shipping to UK for one tombstone is $65.

These rates are all based on using a box sized 37x27x4 which is the most affordable size for a single tombstone. I am going to do some research on boxes for shipping multiple tombstones. There can be some savings there, especially when shipping international.

yes uk price pls !

We could split the shipping maybe? ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we could share shipping as you don't live that far from me Emma??

Totally! I was thinking that actually, didn't see you were interested as well, but yeah it would be even more convenient with you :p. Depends how much it will be for 2-3 tombstones shipped together!

Did some more digging.

Internationally, I can't ship more than two tombstones together. USPS will not take a box bigger than what is required to ship two tombstones. Shipping for two in the same box to UK is $100 even. USPS charges by weight for boxes with a girth under 108". They do not ship boxes any bigger than that.

The only other option I can offer is a scaled version to get the overall cost down to a reasonable amount.

Its the same cost to ship in the US, whether you get one or two. UPS charges dimensional weight up to 28 pounds.

-Eric

with the new shipping prices updated i am in 100% im located in Massachusetts

Here Lies Emmett Brown

Gonna have to give this one a miss due to the postage to UK and also the fact I've just shelled out for the v3s and the wife will go nuts lol

Great work though on the prop [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna have to give this one a miss due to the postage to UK and also the fact I've just shelled out for the v3s and the wife will go nuts lol

Great work though on the prop [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. Thanks for confirming.

Hello just a quick question is there any chance you could include a small piece of the foam (cutt off) so we can test paints etc on it before we go full out on the main prop! As I would prefer to mess up on the scrap bit if you know what I mean? No worries if you can't I still want mine! Great prop :) thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back