Here Lies Emmett Brown - BTTF 3

hdtheater

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am working up a design for the tombstone for Doc Brown from BTTF3. This is what I worked up so far. Love to get some critique as to what needs to be tweaked.

EmmettBrown-1.jpg

Spacing is a concern right now as I don't have a good screen grab of it. I have the DVD coming as my next movie from Netflix. Can't believe they don't have the Blu-Ray.

Thanks,

-Eric

I think you need a bigger space between beloved and CARA. Also looks like the 7, 1885 is emboldened - bigger space between September and 7 is needed.

026.jpg

... Spacing is a concern right now as I don't have a good screen grab of it. I have the DVD coming as my next movie from Netflix. Can't believe they don't have the Blu-Ray. ...

You can wait a few weeks for my grave photo replicas or you can use the following photo, which I found on the internet last year.

attachment.php

That is a great pic! I have been googling for days and that never came up. I can see from that the divider needs to be longer too. There is a difference between the photo and the pic though. The photo shows rounded corners and the pic shows straight edge corners.

@groone - I see the larger space between beloved and CLARA too.

I also notice that the line with CLARA is not centered on the line above it.

I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

-Eric

Last edited:
There is a difference between the photo and the pic though. The photo shows rounded corners and the pic shows straight edge corners.
I guess that is because they needed to use the same photo for the Clint eastwood photo. They seem to have drawn the text on both photos.

Not to nit pick, but based on the photos posted above there shouldn't be a space between the comma and "1885":

Yours:

September 7, 1885

Actual:

September 7,1885​

I would add some more weight to Here Lies.

and Sharpen the EMMETT BROWN. The rectangle and letters have sharp edges.

How are you planning to make them?

I did a pair of 10 Commandment tablets in layers of laser cut acrylic.

I would add some more weight to Here Lies.

and Sharpen the EMMETT BROWN. The rectangle and letters have sharp edges.

How are you planning to make them?

I did a pair of 10 Commandment tablets in layers of laser cut acrylic.

I am going to carve them from rigid pink foam. As far as the corners, if you look at the photos there are radiuses on them. The pic of the replica has them sharp.

I have based my design purely on web images. I need to do some screen grabs of my own to get it just right.

From the web images, I see a lot of incostencies and I don't know whic are replicas or screen grabs.

Thanks,

-Eric

I am going to carve them from rigid pink foam. As far as the corners, if you look at the photos there are radiuses on them. The pic of the replica has them sharp.

I have based my design purely on web images. I need to do some screen grabs of my own to get it just right.

From the web images, I see a lot of incostencies and I don't know whic are replicas or screen grabs.

Thanks,

-Eric

I did not believe that the other picture was a replica :confused I thought that was the real deal that they used for the scene when they find the grave and marty steps on the grave.

In the little B/W photos (post #2) the name "CLARA" doesn't look like it's italicized like the words just prior to it.

IMO. :confused

I did not believe that the other picture was a replica :confused I thought that was the real deal that they used for the scene when they find the grave and marty steps on the grave.

Yes, that's right. The photo is from an exhibition and shows the original tombstone from that scene. Compare the details of the stone surface with the stone on the screen grab. They're absolutely identical.

attachment.php

Comparing the screen cap with your WIP, I'd also say that the box surrounding "Emmett Brown" is a touch too close to the perimeter (meant as constructive critism of course as your WIP is looking great).

I did not know the history of that pic. Comparing it to the grab Roland posted, I can see they are the same. I'll make the changes and get another version posted.

Thanks,

-Eric

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back