Hercule Poirot business card - later seasons

LUNA REPLICAS

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been a lifelong fan of the David Souchet show, and decided it would be nice to recreate his later business card. This card started when the show changed art direction, around the 10th season I believe, so this is the later seasons card. An earlier card had a red and black design with two squares. I am in the process of recreating this as well.

Photo of an original, as well as high resolution JPEG attached. Sized at 3.5x2", you will need a .25" white bleed on all sides for proper printing.

Please let me know what you think, and enjoy!

-Max

Poirot_businessCard2.jpgPoirotCard_2_TEST.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you nailed the font (Engraver's Gothic?), but 2.5 x 3 is the US business card standard.... Current UK business cards are 85 x 55 mm.... but I don't know what size a period UK business card might be... You might have to ask around.

-MJ

Mike, thank you. Similar to Engraver's Gothic, the original font is actually "BlairMdlTC TT Medium," in all caps. It's unchanged for the top three lines, then at "Sandhurst Square" and below it is actually squashed by about 10% vertically, as seen in the oblong "Os" and fat "S" and "8".

As for the size, I took the dimensions off of the original card photo. It's possible that it's more of a square than a long rectangle, and the angle of the photo was deceiving. I'll play with it a little and see what I can find in screen captures, but for now the graphic is able to be printed by any cheap card printer in the US.

-Max

Mike,

I know in the earlier seasons Poirot's card was a US size, 3.5x2. Check out the proportions here (apologies for the poor quality).
283136b.jpg

Last edited:
Thats really great! Love the Poirot series. It'd be fun to just have a few of these in my pocket for the off chance someone would need a detective... Good work!

Well, I suppose I should upload this then. I finished the earlier seasons card as well. Enjoy, and if I find it on eBay I'll send Chief Inspector Jap after you!
Size is 3.5"x2", needs .25" white bleed to be added for print.

PoirotCard_TEST.jpg

-Max

Last edited:
Mike,

I tried the later season card in the UK size, I don't think it lines up with the original. Reference photo and UK size trial below:

blogp1011088.jpg
UK Size:
PoirotCard_2A_TEST.jpg

US Size:
PoirotCard_2_TEST2.jpg

-Max

Attachments

• PoirotCard_2A_TEST.jpg
    PoirotCard_2A_TEST.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Absolutely my pleasure. I am a big fan as well. I may have these printed and do a run of them. Getting a good, authentic 1930s feel to them will be the trick. I believe I have an idea for the earlier cards, with textured paper, and then using raised lettering for the later card. I'll post here if I do a run.

-Max

Absolutely my pleasure. I am a big fan as well. I may have these printed and do a run of them. Getting a good, authentic 1930s feel to them will be the trick. I believe I have an idea for the earlier cards, with textured paper, and then using raised lettering for the later card. I'll post here if I do a run.

-Max

Very interested. Thanks.

I just ordered a set of the later seasons Poirot cards on quality matte stock with raised black lettering. They should arrive in a few weeks and I'll be able to put together a cost for the run. I'm thinking 10 cards for $10, including shipping in the U.S. DMPOMP, AZSneed, EpicSorcerer, Mike J.

-Max

Last edited by a moderator:
DMPOMP, and everyone interested, the cards are in! And they look great. I'll be posting more details in the project runs section, so keep an eye out

20151021_224546.jpg

-Max

Last edited by a moderator:
The letterhead looks interesting

I made Hercule Poirot's Belgian passport, so it's a great set with the business cards :).
To make all complete, I made also Captain Hastings British passport and Chief Inspector Japp's Scotland Yard credentials.
Here some pictures of the Belgium passport, with all it's embossed seals and stamps of his journeys

Attachments

• Poirot_000.jpg
    Poirot_000.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Poirot_001.jpg
    Poirot_001.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 39
  • Poirot_002.jpg
    Poirot_002.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Poirot_002a.jpg
    Poirot_002a.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Poirot_003.jpg
    Poirot_003.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Poirot_004.jpg
    Poirot_004.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Poirot_005.jpg
    Poirot_005.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Poirot_006.jpg
    Poirot_006.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 36

Attachments

• Passport_Rick_001.jpg
    Passport_Rick_001.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Passport_Rick_002.jpg
    Passport_Rick_002.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Passport_Rick_003.jpg
    Passport_Rick_003.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Passport_Rick_005.jpg
    Passport_Rick_005.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Passport_Rick_004.jpg
    Passport_Rick_004.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Passport_Rick_006.jpg
    Passport_Rick_006.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Passport_Rick_007.jpg
    Passport_Rick_007.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Passport_Rick_008.jpg
    Passport_Rick_008.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Passport_Rick_009.jpg
    Passport_Rick_009.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Passport_Rick_010.jpg
    Passport_Rick_010.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 20

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back