Interest Henry's gigantic knife from Forever - Run priced out now! Prototype pics as well!

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit - Yay!

Finally got an update. Dude has some free time coming up so he's willing to do a small run.

The minimum run will have to be at least 5 pieces, but we get a price break if we go over 10 pieces.

5 pcs = 150$ a pop and shipping
10+ pcs = 110$ a pop and shipping.

These will be stainless steel blade (sharp), stainless steel hilt, pommel, etc. It'll have the correct stag horn plates on the hilt instead of the bone plates shown in the prototype. It will also come with a generic leather sheath, but it won't match the big one in the show that he uses for all the tools.

Between here and reddit I'm thinking we can at least hit the 5 piece minimum. I'm in for one.

Post up if you are interested! No payments due until we hit the 5pc mark.

Thanks
Chris

I love this show, and when I saw the knife I fell in love with it. It's an amazing sub hilt fighting bowie (or as they call it on the show, a hunting knife).

QLcekxcl.png

R4aeoHtl.png

I wanted a copy for my shelf, and I wanted it (like the rest of my knives) to be real. So, I drew up some designs and sent them to my knife guy, and we've been working out the details on it.

Right now there's a prototype being made, but I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in one?

Estimated cost is around 175$-200$ at the moment, but maybe less. It's a complex design, and it's gigantic, so it's not really an easy overall build. The horn we are going to use is from Spain though, which is ~AWESOME~ because it's incredibly high quality stuff. Same stuff I use on the Supernatural Daggers I get made.

Obviously, the more people we get on the lower the price gets, but I just wanted to check and see if there is any interest in this one. I haven't seen a sheath on the show (other than the row of tools he has) so it might not come with a sheath.

So, WITH NO OFFICIAL MONIES NEEDED AT THIS MOMENT, I am just looking to see if anyone wants to hop in on this?

Let me know!

Chris

Last edited:
Re: Henry's gigantic knife from Forever

You can count me in as very interested! Loving forever and it's a beautiful knife even without the show's connection!

Re: Henry's gigantic knife from Forever

Awesome :)

Again, no deposits or anything needed at the moment. Just looking for an interest list.

Also giving some severe thought to that special pugio from the show ;)

Chris

Re: Henry's gigantic knife from Forever - prototype pics in post 4!

~SHOULD~ have the prototype in hand around the beginning of June :)

Horn got held up in customs :angry but hey, what's a project without some random delays? :lol

Chris

Welp...

4LkRngU.jpg

One beautiful knife :). Shame the show wasn't renewed :(

Chris

Is the blade blackened on the edge or is it just the shadow of the lighting? (I'm pretty sure it's just the flash and I'm being silly :lol)
It looks so good! I seen Forever was the top voted for show in a poll for "Show you wish hadn't been cancelled this year" it really is a shame but at least there wasn't like a tonne of loose ends left at the end!

Yup, just the flash :)

It ended well, so I guess I can be thankful for that. I remember the pain of John Doe and Brimstone ending too quickly and man, that stung. At least all the major plot points were met by the end of the season.

Glad ya dig it :)

Chris

Gonna need a BIT more interest to get the price down. Right now there's you and me, and trust me, that's not a price you want to pay if you can avoid it :)

If we can get about 3-4 other people involved it'd drop the price down to about 150$ or so.

Chris

Are you still looking to sell these..? I'd be interested..

Yea, it's kind of an open run but to keep the price kinda low(ish) it'd need to be a 5-10pc run at minimum.

Chris

Yea, it had a pretty cool premise and I actually liked they way they were handling the story for once. I've seen a few "immortal" shows that kinda dropped the ball when it came to keeping it interested.

I'll double check with the guy and see what kind of numbers he can come up with for a 5pc or so run. I'll know something in a few days hopefully :)

Chris

Yay!

Finally got an update. Dude has some free time coming up so he's willing to do a small run.

The minimum run will have to be at least 5 pieces, but we get a price break if we go over 10 pieces.

5 pcs = 150$ a pop and shipping
10+ pcs = 110$ a pop and shipping.

These will be stainless steel blade (sharp), stainless steel hilt, pommel, etc. It'll have the correct stag horn plates on the hilt instead of the bone plates shown in the prototype. It will also come with a generic leather sheath, but it won't match the big one in the show that he uses for all the tools.

Between here and reddit I'm thinking we can at least hit the 5 piece minimum. I'm in for one.

Post up if you are interested! No payments due until we hit the 5pc mark.

Thanks
Chris

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back