1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Henry's gigantic knife from Forever - Run priced out now! Prototype pics as well!

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by hydin, May 5, 2015.

1. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Edit - Yay!

Finally got an update. Dude has some free time coming up so he's willing to do a small run.

The minimum run will have to be at least 5 pieces, but we get a price break if we go over 10 pieces.

5 pcs = 150$ a pop and shipping
    10+ pcs = 110$ a pop and shipping.

These will be stainless steel blade (sharp), stainless steel hilt, pommel, etc. It'll have the correct stag horn plates on the hilt instead of the bone plates shown in the prototype. It will also come with a generic leather sheath, but it won't match the big one in the show that he uses for all the tools.

Between here and reddit I'm thinking we can at least hit the 5 piece minimum. I'm in for one.

Post up if you are interested! No payments due until we hit the 5pc mark.

Thanks
    Chris

I love this show, and when I saw the knife I fell in love with it. It's an amazing sub hilt fighting bowie (or as they call it on the show, a hunting knife).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted a copy for my shelf, and I wanted it (like the rest of my knives) to be real. So, I drew up some designs and sent them to my knife guy, and we've been working out the details on it.

Right now there's a prototype being made, but I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in one?

Estimated cost is around 175$-200$ at the moment, but maybe less. It's a complex design, and it's gigantic, so it's not really an easy overall build. The horn we are going to use is from Spain though, which is ~AWESOME~ because it's incredibly high quality stuff. Same stuff I use on the Supernatural Daggers I get made.

Obviously, the more people we get on the lower the price gets, but I just wanted to check and see if there is any interest in this one. I haven't seen a sheath on the show (other than the row of tools he has) so it might not come with a sheath.

So, WITH NO OFFICIAL MONIES NEEDED AT THIS MOMENT, I am just looking to see if anyone wants to hop in on this?

Let me know!

Chris

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    dontfeedmyego likes this.
  2. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

Re: Henry's gigantic knife from Forever

You can count me in as very interested! Loving forever and it's a beautiful knife even without the show's connection!

3. hydin

Awesome :)

Again, no deposits or anything needed at the moment. Just looking for an interest list.

Also giving some severe thought to that special pugio from the show ;)

Chris

4. hydin

Now, with a prototype pic!

[​IMG]

There's still a little work to be done, but holy crap it's looking awesome!

Chris

LukeTBD and enterprise0216 like this.
  5. hydin

Re: Henry's gigantic knife from Forever - prototype pics in post 4!

~SHOULD~ have the prototype in hand around the beginning of June :)

Horn got held up in customs :angry but hey, what's a project without some random delays? :lol

Chris

6. hydin

Welp...

[​IMG]

One beautiful knife :). Shame the show wasn't renewed :(

Chris

7. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

Is the blade blackened on the edge or is it just the shadow of the lighting? (I'm pretty sure it's just the flash and I'm being silly :lol)
    It looks so good! I seen Forever was the top voted for show in a poll for "Show you wish hadn't been cancelled this year" it really is a shame but at least there wasn't like a tonne of loose ends left at the end!

8. hydin

Yup, just the flash :)

It ended well, so I guess I can be thankful for that. I remember the pain of John Doe and Brimstone ending too quickly and man, that stung. At least all the major plot points were met by the end of the season.

Glad ya dig it :)

Chris

9. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

Just let me know when you need require some payment!

10. hydin

Gonna need a BIT more interest to get the price down. Right now there's you and me, and trust me, that's not a price you want to pay if you can avoid it :)

If we can get about 3-4 other people involved it'd drop the price down to about 150$ or so.

Chris

LukeTBD likes this.
  11. hnyuht

hnyuht Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in! The show was so good. :(

12. tain669

tain669 Sr Member

Are you still looking to sell these..? I'd be interested..

13. hydin

Yea, it's kind of an open run but to keep the price kinda low(ish) it'd need to be a 5-10pc run at minimum.

Chris

14. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

Just a couple more people to go :D

15. StridersHeir

StridersHeir New Member

I'm in. I'm really upset the show wasn't picked up by Netflix or some other network

LukeTBD likes this.
  16. hydin

Yea, it had a pretty cool premise and I actually liked they way they were handling the story for once. I've seen a few "immortal" shows that kinda dropped the ball when it came to keeping it interested.

I'll double check with the guy and see what kind of numbers he can come up with for a 5pc or so run. I'll know something in a few days hopefully :)

Chris

17. hydin

Yay!

Finally got an update. Dude has some free time coming up so he's willing to do a small run.

The minimum run will have to be at least 5 pieces, but we get a price break if we go over 10 pieces.

5 pcs = 150$ a pop and shipping
    10+ pcs = 110$ a pop and shipping.

These will be stainless steel blade (sharp), stainless steel hilt, pommel, etc. It'll have the correct stag horn plates on the hilt instead of the bone plates shown in the prototype. It will also come with a generic leather sheath, but it won't match the big one in the show that he uses for all the tools.

Between here and reddit I'm thinking we can at least hit the 5 piece minimum. I'm in for one.

Post up if you are interested! No payments due until we hit the 5pc mark.

Thanks
    Chris

18. tain669

tain669 Sr Member

I'd be interested...

19. hydin

Cool. Got a nibble on reddit too. Looks like this might happen after all :D

Chris

20. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

You know I'm in!

21. hydin

LukeTBD likes this.
  22. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

That thing is beautiful.

hydin likes this.
  23. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

The videos were definitely a good call; it's great getting little bits of information through them and more views of the knives too! You mentioned about the original knife that was being sold for thousands, were did you find the original? Had a search for Big Sky and such but no luck. I mean I definitely don't have the money to drop on the original it's just out of interest :lol

Also in the final design are you planning on sharpening the opposite side near the blood groove? I'm excited for this!

24. hydin

The videos are kinda fun to do, and I'm glad that people are enjoying em!

There's only one knife by him that is this design, and that's in the hands of the prop guys who worked on the show. I don't even think there's a resin casting of em out there, no bleeder versions, no one got stabbed with it on camera. It's a one of a kind piece.

He did some amazing work though. I've seen some completed auctions on knife and gun sites and holy crap they go for a good amount. Dude was an artist.

I'm honestly 50/50 on the sharpening of the back section. Part of me wants to, but the other part of me thinks more along the lines of "How safe do I want this prop to be?". It's a weird line to walk sometimes in this hobby heh.

I'm just waiting on the final go to price from the maker and I WILL BE TAKING PAYMENTS. This is a crapton of custom work so it'll be a month or two turnaround time, but they are going to be amazing when they are done. Provided everyone who's expressed interest still wants a dagger, we can get these knocked out in time for Christmas :)

Chris

25. LukeTBD

LukeTBD Member

I'm definitely still on board, just waiting for you to ask for the cash! I'd like the back sharpened because I keep all of the replicas on display at home but it's not a deal breaker if it won't be :)