Henry Blake (M*A*S*H) question

wannab

Sr Member
I was reading (my favorite M*A*S*H character) McLean Stevenson's bio on IMDB, and came across this little tidbit...

After the news of Col. Blake's death on "M*A*S*H" (1972) (He left at the end of the third season) shocked the world, the very next night on "The Carol Burnett Show" (1967), the opening shot was of Henry Blake in a smoking raft, waving his arms, hollering, "I'm OK! I'm OK!".

I tried to find a video of this moment on YouTube with no luck (might not be searching correctly). Anyway, does anyone know if there is a clip of this on the net? If so please point it out to me, I'd really like to see it.

Doug

Woah.. I'd love to see that too. I remember my mom bursting into tears when his character's death was announced.

So he survived the instant death of the plane crash, but died of dehydration in the ocean? He certainly didn't show up in "After M*A*S*H" so he must have been dead. Man, he'd have been better off dieing in the crash.

Of course Stevenson left by his own hand to make the show Hello Larry, generally considered one of the biggest turkeys in TV history.

The only "AfterMASH" episode I remember seeing concerned an unconscious patient being brought in, and the staff somehow decided he was a hero from WW2. (Maybe they made that part up to get him admitted.) Turns out they were right, after a fashion. He did fight in the war, but for the Germans...

You mean than being in "After MASH" of course, and you'd be right. What did that thing last like three episodes?

Turns out it lasted thirty one episodes. I know I saw the first and probably a few more but I gave up fairly quickly.

But I still saw more of that show than I did Hello Larry.

I got good news and bad news.

The good news is the video does exist. Bad news I cant find it anymore.

I was doing research on MASH several years ago about why Blake, Frank, and Trapper left the show. I came upon the trivia about Henry Blake and I literally searched for hours for the video. I came across two websites that had it. One video no longer worked but the other website did.

I cant find the darn thing again and dont have the time to search for it again. It was several years ago so the website may not even exist anymore. I came by it by luck.

Are the Netflix DVDs full episodes, or the cut down highlights versions that aired in reruns? That might mean the segment isn't available. Look for season 8, episode 22.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back