Henry Blake (M*A*S*H) question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by wannab, Apr 27, 2012.

1. wannab

wannab Sr Member

I was reading (my favorite M*A*S*H character) McLean Stevenson's bio on IMDB, and came across this little tidbit...

I tried to find a video of this moment on YouTube with no luck (might not be searching correctly). Anyway, does anyone know if there is a clip of this on the net? If so please point it out to me, I'd really like to see it.

Doug

2. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Boy, I was a dedicated watcher of both those shows on air. Sure don't remember that.

I would love to see it as well.

3. robn1

robn1 Master Member

4. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Woah.. I'd love to see that too. I remember my mom bursting into tears when his character's death was announced.

5. Colin Droidmilk

Colin Droidmilk Sr Member

Thank God he's OK!! This is the best news I've heard all year.

Let's hope the clip turns up...

6. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

So he survived the instant death of the plane crash, but died of dehydration in the ocean? He certainly didn't show up in "After M*A*S*H" so he must have been dead. Man, he'd have been better off dieing in the crash.

7. wannab

wannab Sr Member

Yeah, that was awful >shudder<.

Did you ever see W*A*L*T*E*R ? :sick
    W A L T E R 1984 Garry Burghoff from M A S H - YouTube

Doug

8. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

You mean than being in "After MASH" of course, and you'd be right. What did that thing last like three episodes?

9. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Of course Stevenson left by his own hand to make the show Hello Larry, generally considered one of the biggest turkeys in TV history.

10. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

The only "AfterMASH" episode I remember seeing concerned an unconscious patient being brought in, and the staff somehow decided he was a hero from WW2. (Maybe they made that part up to get him admitted.) Turns out they were right, after a fashion. He did fight in the war, but for the Germans...

11. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Turns out it lasted thirty one episodes. I know I saw the first and probably a few more but I gave up fairly quickly.

But I still saw more of that show than I did Hello Larry.

12. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Years later McLean Stevenson said he thought the public were in love with him, but it was really Henry Blake.

13. asemblyrequired

asemblyrequired Well-Known Member

14. Colin Droidmilk

Colin Droidmilk Sr Member

15. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

I got good news and bad news.

The good news is the video does exist. Bad news I cant find it anymore.

I was doing research on MASH several years ago about why Blake, Frank, and Trapper left the show. I came upon the trivia about Henry Blake and I literally searched for hours for the video. I came across two websites that had it. One video no longer worked but the other website did.

I cant find the darn thing again and dont have the time to search for it again. It was several years ago so the website may not even exist anymore. I came by it by luck.

16. wannab

wannab Sr Member

Was it a full sketch or just a quick 10-15 second job?

Doug

17. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

There are some Carol Burnett DVDs on Netflix Any idea if it might be on one of those?

18. robn1

robn1 Master Member

Are the Netflix DVDs full episodes, or the cut down highlights versions that aired in reruns? That might mean the segment isn't available. Look for season 8, episode 22.

19. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

20. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Anybody else notice that this is shot at the Fox Grotto? Planet of the Apes, Logan's Run, Lost in Space? This grotto is about a 1/4 mile from the Ranch where they shot MASH.

21. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

It was a quickie. I think it lasted a good 20 seconds. The description of the scene basically says it all.

I may possibly saved the link to my personal computer. Next time I go home I will check and see.