Help with Vacuuformed pull

Originally posted by Padawan@Apr 18 2006, 04:52 AM
Can anyone give me some tips on how to make a casting from a vacuumformed pull?
[snapback]1228195[/snapback]​

Are you trying to use the vac-pull as a negative mold? IT might help if you could give us some more details on your project.

Originally posted by Jimbo890+Apr 18 2006, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo890 @ Apr 18 2006, 01:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Padawan
@Apr 18 2006, 04:52 AM
Can anyone give me some tips on how to make a casting from a vacuumformed pull?
[snapback]1228195[/snapback]​

Are you trying to use the vac-pull as a negative mold? IT might help if you could give us some more details on your project.
[snapback]1228292[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm sorry, well I don't know much about vacuumformed molds. But yes, I am using it as a negative mold. Would I have to brush vaseline on the inside? Or use some mold release? Any advice would help me out a ton, thanks so much guys.

It's been my experience that you get much better pulls from a tough hollow mold, thus use either fiberglass or a high temp resin for your positives. With that said, both would require a release agent of some sort (i.e. PVA for fiberglass / silicone spray for resin).
It would help to know what your plans are for making the mold so we can better assist you. ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back