Help with Urethane Cast- Bane Mask

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Rdmaul, May 22, 2012.

1. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Hey guys I got my new Urethane Bane mask in the mail last night and when I went to try it on I noticed a tear after I took it off. I have to stretch the mask a touch to get it on and love the way it fits tight to my head but I fear any more stretching is going to tear this straight through.

Does anyone know how I could stop this from tearing anymore and be able to stretch it to fit on my head. I am kind frustrated cause I need this to be ready for Phx Comicon this weekend. Any help is appreciated guys!!

[​IMG]

2. nachtinis

nachtinis Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Zap a gap, or another of the superglues.
    Unfortunately other than superglue, the only other repair technique ive seen work is smooth-on's urethane adhesives.

However, i have some bad news, that will only delay the tear further, if you decide to keep stretching the item.

After you perform the repair, you might want to put it in a pillow case and put it in the dryer wrapped in towels, get it nice and warm and stretch it over something else to expand it more to size.

Other than that, there isnt really any other advice to give.

3. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, how long would you suggest leaving it in the dryer if I went that route?

4. nachtinis

depends on how hot you make the dryer, i would say that at maximum heat, time it in ten minute bursts until you think it is stretchy enough to work with.

5. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

Just buy some medium zap a gap and the zip kicker/accelerator your repair will be done in a few seconds.

6. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Where would I find such a substance? Hobby Lobby?

7. tk3105

tk3105 New Member

E6000 Glue (Shoo Goo) with a little fabric patch on the reverse. Super flexible and super strong.

8. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

9. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Finhead thank you sir that Aqua seal seems like exactly what I am looking for? do you happen to know what it costs?

10. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

11. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Thanks again I found a place local that has the aquaseal going to try that tonight!

12. nachtinis

Aquaseal can take up to 36hrs to cure, so if you can, get the cotol-240 kicker for it.

Also, i cant remember if the aquaseal is contact based or not.

I only suggested the supers because of the smallness of the tear.

13. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Aqua seal did the trick guys! Took about 2 and half hours of drying and voila it's good as new.