Help with sledgehammer prop

SaraFS

Hi, I am going to a con this summer and for my cosplay I need to make a sledgehammer prop. I am not sure what material would be the best for making the metal part of the hammer, since I obviously cannot bring a weapon made of metal to the con.
On their webpage they recommend using materials such as jackofoam, which I am considering using. The thing with jackofoam is that I have never used it before and I am unsure how to use it, also I do not know if it easily get dented.
Is jackofoam an okay material for this or are there any other, better, materials I should rather use?

PVC pipe, Pipe insulation, DAP contact cement, A yoga block for the head, Plastidip. Look the Plasti Dip artists group up on facebook and read through the FAQ. If you have questions we can probably answer them there

I made a sledgehammer a while ago for an abandoned project, for the head I cut two octagons the size I wanted the faces of the hammer from foam board then stuck strips the width of the sides on and filled with expanding foam, lightweight and sol;id.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back