Help with single action colt pistol (Supernatural Colt)

stooge

Greetings!

I want to make a replica of the demon killing colt pistol for my wife. I want it to be able to cock the hamer rotate the barrel and have the hamer drop when the trigger.is pulled.

I have looked at mechanical diagrams but am unsure how to read them. Ideally, I want the action as simple as possible. I dont have a mill or any cnc equipment, but I do have 3D printers and modeling software. If there are free model files out there floating in the either, that would be great.

Really, any healp is appriciated, thanks.

There are numerous replicas that could be dressed up to fit what you want to do. Some in pot metal or plastic, there was a line of gun model kits at one time. Just take some time to research how a real Colt works. First learn the nomenclature, it is the cylinder that rotates. Although a simple mechanism ,timing it to work correctly can be difficult.

Seems lots of replicas and digital 3d print files on etsy and lots of other websites. If you want movement though perhaps look at modifying a denix.

Cheers,
Josh

Thank you! I've read some books, well simmed is the better word, but again they're a bit beyond my mechanical skills. I will check what youve posted.

The pistol is a Colt Buntline Special. Its basically a Colt 1873 Single Action Army with a 12" barrel and ivory grips. Several places sell non-firing replicas including cap guns made for stage work. Just google "non-firing colt SAA" or "non-firing Colt Buntline".

There is a free model on Thingiverse, if it's any help?

And an image set with all the engraving here:
jess_magvay.artstation.com/projects/LdrPv

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back