Help with shoes for Spidey suit

Fett202

Hey everyone, so I am looking to do a Spider-Man: Homecoming outfit in the near future and in doing research for this suit I have found that there in any behind the scenes for all of the Spider-Man films they never really touch on the shoes and what is actually under the suit. I know with TASM 1 they used the sole of a pair of Asics but for all of the other films they are usually a black sole with no identifiable markings which I assume means they are custom made for the film. So I guess my real question is what kind of Shoes would I use for my homecoming suit and if at all possible, how would I go about making soles that looked like the ones seen in civil war? Thanks for your time!

Usually, they have a different sole type for the stunt guys. The soles they use for the stuntmen are the soles on Vans. I suggest you use that instead, if you're not going for 100% accuracy. It's practical and for me it feels better and a lot less slippy. Nobody really looks at the soles of the shoes because all the attention goes to the suit itself.

Usually, they have a different sole type for the stunt guys. The soles they use for the stuntmen are the soles on Vans. I suggest you use that instead, if you're not going for 100% accuracy. It's practical and for me it feels better and a lot less slippy. Nobody really looks at the soles of the shoes because all the attention goes to the suit itself.
Wow, Didn't realize Vans soles were that versatile for stunt work. Thanks a ton for the insight!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back