Help with Red Hood Armor

ZeBatman

Hey guys, so after lurking around this place for awhile I decided to finally make and account :D
I recently made my helmet for my Red Hood costume (I used a template from a power rangers helmet and edited it)
But I need some help with the armor. I'm terrible without templates, I contemplated making just the chest plate and abs of the Iron Man armor but I'm not sure.
My friend also recommended I buy some decent foam (Some Eva foam matts) it has this nice texture that might give it a carbon fiber look c:
View attachment 419006View attachment 419007

In terms of crafting foam armor, Bill Doran (owner and operator of Punished Props, and a respected armor/prop artist in this community) has 2 ebooks published on the subject, which you can find here for $5 a piece. They take you through the entire process, including design and templates. There are also a number of great tutorials on YouTube for making your own foam armor from scratch.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back