Help with perma-wet????????????????

Roydraven

Hey I was finishing sealing my first airbrush go on a usurper mask with perma-wet but its still kinda sticky is it suppose to be like
that do I wait another day for it to dry more???? or should I go another layer with the perma-wet please help anyone who knows?????

How much time has elapsed and did you cut it a bit with water. I mix it roughly 50/50... I don't know that I've ever ran it straight, but if you did, that might be part of the problem... Or... did you thin it TOO much with water... if thinned too much, you may have a bit of tackiness from the Pros-aid in your paint mix that the perma-wet is too thin to seal.

As for timeline, I generally let it sit overnight, though it's generally pretty much dry in a couple hours.

If it's still tacky tomorrow, I'd probably go with another coat of perma-wet... If you ran straight Perma-wet, or a higher concentrate, I'd thin it a bit more... if you ran something less concentrated, say 40/60 perma to water, then up your mix... if that still doesn't do the trick, then you might try going over the entire piece with some Pros-aide and then re-sealing agian... I'd do that only as a last alternative.

Hope that helps.

thanks mate yeah I think I mixed too much water with it as it has been a whole day since I sealed I'm going to have another go at sealing it with not too much water this time
thanks again mate

How much time has elapsed and did you cut it a bit with water. I mix it roughly 50/50... I don't know that I've ever ran it straight, but if you did, that might be part of the problem... Or... did you thin it TOO much with water... if thinned too much, you may have a bit of tackiness from the Pros-aid in your paint mix that the perma-wet is too thin to seal.

As for timeline, I generally let it sit overnight, though it's generally pretty much dry in a couple hours.

If it's still tacky tomorrow, I'd probably go with another coat of perma-wet... If you ran straight Perma-wet, or a higher concentrate, I'd thin it a bit more... if you ran something less concentrated, say 40/60 perma to water, then up your mix... if that still doesn't do the trick, then you might try going over the entire piece with some Pros-aide and then re-sealing agian... I'd do that only as a last alternative.

Hope that helps.

thanks mate yeah I think I mixed too much water with it as it has been a whole day since I sealed I'm going to have another go at sealing it with not too much water this time
thanks again mate

I add like 1/4 water to 3/4 prosaide and it drys withing about 30 minutes. Go over it again with a heavyer coating and sit it in the sun so it drys beter? To much water and its too hard to build it up, it needs to be pretty heavy.

I add like 1/4 water to 3/4 prosaide and it drys withing about 30 minutes. Go over it again with a heavyer coating and sit it in the sun so it drys beter? To much water and its too hard to build it up, it needs to be pretty heavy.
Do not sit it in the sun... UV is damaging to latex (albeit painted), so not a good idea to give it any sun exposure... just give it some extra time with a more concentrated mix.

did another coat work? im having the same problem. I did thin it with water and let it sit for a day at it was sticky. I sprayed it today about 3 hours ago with out any water and same thing. I was reading around to see what im doing wrong but im not coming up with anything and from my reading it sounds like this stuff dries fast. I used a low tack mixture for my paint but my clear coat very sticky

Take what I say with a grain of salt as I am a complete permawet noob but .......... I mixed mine 1 part water to 3 parts permawet and it actually dries within just a few minutes, say 20.

Again, I have not much knowledge here but sounds like paint and or additive reaction?

I dont think its a paint reaction I put some permawet on some raw latex to see what it would do looks like its doing the same thing. now I know my bottle was mis marked according to monster maker or was it. I sent them an email. the bottle they said was perma wet was marked prosaide adhesive.

Take what I say with a grain of salt as I am a complete permawet noob but .......... I mixed mine 1 part water to 3 parts permawet and it actually dries within just a few minutes, say 20.

Again, I have not much knowledge here but sounds like paint and or additive reaction?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back