Help with part ID

Sorry if that comment confused anyone. I'm a huge Raider fan. The laser canon on the original Studio Raider uses the engine from the 1/48 scale Monogram Huey (that was then pantographed down to create the model kit). So you have the same helicopter engine details used but in 2 different scales. I just though it was funny that they chose to do that.

-emojo5

Sorry if that comment confused anyone. I'm a huge Raider fan. The laser canon on the original Studio Raider uses the engine from the 1/48 scale Monogram Huey (that was then pantographed down to create the model kit). So you have the same helicopter engine details used but in 2 different scales. I just though it was funny that they chose to do that.

-emojo5

OOOHHHH!! Yes, now I understand. I should have picked up on that. I was actually just marvelling at the same concept yesterday as I was laying out kit parts for this project. I was looking at the 1/72 Hasegawa Leopold parts underneath the Raider (that had been pantographed down for the Monogram Raider kit, that were then used on the Sled along with more 1/72 Hasegawa Leopoold parts!).

Fun!

Sorry for the confusion- just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing another part for the sled!!

M

The parts in question:

8159069814_22e917cff8_o.jpg

(stolen from one of Gene's pictures!)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back