Help with nose prosthetics

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Amyea

Hi, I have a slightly collapsed nasal valve on one side and until it is surgically fixed I wondered if there is a way to mask it slightly with prosthetics? What is the best thing to use to create a small bit of skin to fill the dent and then blend onto the nose, and what would the process be as I have no idea where to even start?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

robstyle

Master Member
it wont be comfortable for extended and daily wear, but look into basic make up effects appliance procedures. Color matching and blending is where the skill comes into play. You can make a basic skin appliance as needed with off the shelf materials. Long term you may end up with skin irritations though through repeated use of adhesives and contact with said materials. Think of your skin as a sponge, it will only absorb and take so much before it gives up.

There is also the five foot rule. Stand five feet from a mirror in a naturally illuminated room, then realize thats how 99% of people will see you in the real world. A friend had a bad fall during a stunt leaving him with a partially replaced upper pallet and plastic replacment for his nasal cavity. The plastic bridge of his nose was dented a few years ago and he had told me about it just after it happened, but until he pointed it out I couldnt see it. To him its major, nobody else noticed it until he pointed it out. Ive no idea the extent of what youre dealing with, just passing the info along.