Help With Kill Bill Hansu Sword

kevin1701

I want to buy my 19 year old son a Hansu replica for his collection. Prices on eBay seem to vary wildly. Can anyone give me buying advice?

how much should I pay for a good replica?
what features should I look for?
how sharp is appropriate in the replica weapon world?

thanks.

I'd like a good replica. Possible for under $100?

Also, is there a rule of thumb in the replica community about sharpness?

I think, for a good prop replica the look is all what should be important. So a nice hamon pattern is more important than the sharpness. Do you have any good screenshots from the film?

Kill Bill Hattori Hanzo swords are notoriously inaccurate, especially when inexpensive.
I looked all over for kill bill swords when I started making Johnny Mo's sword i did look for as much info as I could and of course found out that the Bride's Bill's and Budd swords were all bad.
http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/kill-bill-swords.html

If you wanted to pick up a cheapy sword and modify it till it's eventually accurate. That's one option or you could opt for a pricier blade that might be more accurate.

You have the "1060 steel' on ebay not so bad, then the "clay tempered 1095" adding "kill bill" n your search, have a real temperline, however the accuracy varies.
The lion on omote side is really ugly, whatever the price you pay, but depending on luck or not, you can have a quite accurate fitting, no groove on the blade and "what looks like a real" blade.

The offered sword for 99- described in the previous like is really close to what I called a "1060" replica, probably same maker, not too bad.

Right, sadly I checked all stuff for lower price, but it's so wrong design it can't be considered as accurate enough for the price.
Even at 300-500 price range, this is the only one with correct looking handle and blade, sadly the hilt has missing parts, probably because they just customised standarts hilts by adding engraving.
I would think about a accurate one, based from a clay tempered blade and a glossy black hilt, making other parts, it will be lots of work.

Right, sadly I checked all stuff for lower price, but it's so wrong design it can't be considered as accurate enough for the price.
Even at 300-500 price range, this is the only one with correct looking handle and blade, sadly the hilt has missing parts, probably because they just customised standarts hilts by adding engraving.
I would think about a accurate one, based from a clay tempered blade and a glossy black hilt, making other parts, it will be lots of work.

Thats actually a great sword for sub 3 I am going to snag one for myself lol

I don't, I was thinking about it, but I don't.
It will be necessary to make a wax kojiri and koi guchi, then cast from bronze.
I think in 2016 I will work on this saber, buy a blade and scabbard and make the other parts, hesitating between making wax pieces or buying antique parts and modify them, then cast from wax.
I am thinking about some antique parts, the actual saber guard has useless holes, even there are no additionnal blades in the scabbard, so I would use a antique guard and antique handle parts, new blade and scabbard.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back