help with keeping paint from getting scratched

berserk wolf

For those who saw my Berserker WIP pics(and for those that didn't, check out the thread), what can I use to coat over the paint? The materials I used is cardboard and I noticed that the paint is already getting scratched in some areas. Do I use some clear gloss type of thing? Please post here or PM me. Thank you guys and girls!

I would just use any kind of matt barnish. (those clear gloss type of things make things look too fake)

Next time use some primming before applying the paint, it also helps.

For those who saw my Berserker WIP pics(and for those that didn't, check out the thread), what can I use to coat over the paint? The materials I used is cardboard and I noticed that the paint is already getting scratched in some areas. Do I use some clear gloss type of thing? Please post here or PM me. Thank you guys and girls!

Hey Berserker,

The materials I've been using are foamies and cardboard (for the base of my backpack and cannon) I noticed when I tried to paint using acrylic paints on the foamie it seems to spread easy but leaves the brush strokes behind and doesnt really settle well on the material. If you want you can try using spray paints they have been working really well for me. Here is my thread http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=20434

Take a look at my shoulder/bicep armor painted, and the new groin flap painted. I used 3 different colors of spray paint, Krylon hammered silver, black and brown (i'll report back with correct names as I need to go to home depot and get more silver since I ran out). I'll get some more pics up tonight for my backpack and cannon it should be done tonight after I get out of this damn forsaken class!!!!! -_-

Hope this helps,
Joe

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back