help with how to sculpt

squatcobra

hi guys i have decided to start working on my predator costume and im gonna start with the mask. ive seen some things where people sculpt them and i wanna know how to do this like what supplie i need and how to start. also a link would be good to a huntorial on how to do it. i couldnt find a huntorial on it so plz dont get mad at me for typing in something someone else probaly already typed

Goto Monstermakers.com they have a BOOK I believe on the entire process of making a mask.

Do not however buy all your materials from there. Buying clays and plasters from there can be pricey.

To buy inexpensive clay goto LAGUNACLAY.com and search the Local Distributor sections.
Buy some WED CLAY. It is water based and will dry out if you do not wrap it in plastic and spray it with a water bottle.

Then get some Plaster (ULTRACAL30)
You can get in from gypsumsolutions.com, again check the Local Distributor Section for a local place to buy it.

Shipping clays and plasters is heavy and expensive.

But like I said, get the book. READ READ REAS and then you will have a good basis of understanding. Then you can PM me with questions. If need be we can talk via the phone, its much easier than typing.

goodluck.

Just to echo what meangene said, monstermakers.com has kits too. They start out at around $225. Gene knows his stuff!

go on youtube and search mask making and sculpting and molding.i find its easyer to learn wen i watch rather than read.youtubes been alotta help for me!!

I second that YOUTUBE suggestion.

If we were smart we would create a LAIR Youtube channel and host relavant videos to creature creation. Then link it to the site here.

I hope I didnt just nominate myself for that job either! I have no time as is.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back