Help with Fusion Furnace from Degobah

Massassi

Does anyone have any better pictures of the Fusion Furnace from Dagobah in the Empire Strikes Back. So from the real Fusion Furnace, no replica's. or any of its parts?
I am trying to create it for 3D printing

4d5654_df4396f5cf6f487690caaf1c1503fed3~mv2.png
il_570xN.3658311380_tqf9.png
dagobah-charger.jpg
Dagobah Charger 02.jpg
breakdown.jpg

turn it upside down and it looks like something you'd put on top of a chimney to keep birds out. Some type of exhaust cap. Shot in the dark.

Chimney exhaust cap1.JPG

i have no idea about the flywheel, last i heard it was a housing to some kind of water pump, dont know if there is any truth to it.

Kresty is a member of the r2d2 builders club, and he made a one off version for himself. i asked to commission him to do one for me, he wasn't interested but i was lucky enough that he made 2 versions for himself and decided to go with his taller one to fit a battery charger in

i can not take any credit for this, all i did was assemble it.

Doesn't the original prop have 11 fins on the top? I don't think it'd have 10, because that'd be an even number and things like this tend to have odd numbers to reduce unwanted resonance vibrations, or something like that.

Also, I notice that some people tend to model fairly tall versions of the prop - fairly narrow and slender. From what I can see in the film itself it was kinda short and squat. I've also built a 3D model for printing purposes, and mine looks like this:

1669666546910.png

Attachments

• R2ThingyGrilled.jpg
    R2ThingyGrilled.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 52
  • TopandR2.jpg
    TopandR2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 65
  • BaseandR2.jpg
    BaseandR2.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 56
Also, I notice that some people tend to model fairly tall versions of the prop - fairly narrow and slender. From what I can see in the film itself it was kinda short and squat. I've also built a 3D model for printing purposes, and mine looks like this:

View attachment 1642760
I know a lot of the r2 builders tend to make them taller to fit a battery charger in then to charge their r2’s

I know a lot of the r2 builders tend to make them taller to fit a battery charger in then to charge their r2’s

Fair enough! My model also has some changes to it to accommodate actual plugs and so on (I'm using a LEMO connector), since I'm making a slightly smaller than half sized version. So there are always compromises. :)

Doesn't the original prop have 11 fins on the top? I don't think it'd have 10, because that'd be an even number and things like this tend to have odd numbers to reduce unwanted resonance vibrations, or something like that.
Yes you are right there are 11, but modeling and printing a uneven number is difficult. So I made it 12.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back