Help with foam hole and junction

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Psygnosis, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis New Member

Hi guys I have a "serious" problem.
    I'm trying to do Ravenborn LeBlanc props, in particular the crow and the crown.
    I've model it with eva foam and everything goes fine...but ant the end of the work many holes and junction line were present...I didn't like it.

IMG_0274.JPG

So I thought to fill that with gesso, so I could prime that thing and fill in one time...but the reality was so far different.

The Gesso (acrylic) was absorbed for 3 time by the eva foam so after 4 passes of gesso the hole an the junction was there...so yesterday I do the crazy thing...
    I filled all hole and junction line with a syringe...the result was horrible...the everything is there, gesso is too soft to be sanded with dreamel, but I've tried and now I have hole, junction lines, and plus more the gesso elevation and also some hole where the gesso blow up..

IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0371.JPG

How can I solve this mess? =(
    Sorry for my english and "sorry" if I didn't use much more expensive material but my budget was low.
    Thank you in advance...
    you are my last hope

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Psygnosis likes this.
  3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis New Member

OMG thank you I'm just bought an acrylic sealant and it works....how I'm wait until it gets dry?...
    and another question...Have I need to give another pass of gesso?

blue2k likes this.
  4. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Yes, wait until it cures before doing anything with it. I have no idea about the gesso, as I have never used it. If you want to try another coat of gesso, that is entirely up to you.

5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis New Member

I resume this post to tell everyone that acrylic sealant/caulk works perfectly, after that a coat of gesso is useful to give all the prop surface a more smooth looking...
    Thanks you a lot in advace