help with creating a nostromo costume?

Pedro0429

ok so i really, really need some help with creating a cool halloween costume. i want to do something that has me with a pulse rifle, but i dont want a big clunky suit, plz help if you have any ideas. i would like something that looks like Samuels' outfit from Isolation. Something basic like that, but not necessarily that. Just a basic outfit that looks something like what Samuels or a regular member of a crewship in the alien franchise would wear, and if you have any stores or website to recommend plz do!

Last edited:
Samuels' costume from Alien Isolation doesn't look too hard to achieve. You're looking at a lightly quilted jacket with leather detailing, the pen holders, and the patches belonging to the USCSS Torrens.

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_323748892_preview.jpg
tumblr_ne186a4HNw1u1fm3co1_1280.jpg
741245-alien-isolation-playstation-4-screenshot-talking-to-samuels.jpg

His trousers don't look too challenging either.

Your best option is to source a jacket that's similarly structured, not too heavily quilted, and a similar material and colour; and the same with the trousers. Do some extensive research (depending on how accurate you want this to be) into his outfit - screen cap from the game - and note what you may need to change on your base clothing. Or, once you've done the research, decide how you want to make your costume from there, and alter it to what you like/can do.

Also, check out the people before you who have made this costume:

ByZcKgfIcAAaob7.jpg BwTkF_0IgAAwy1U.jpgbwsswnkcaaeunuz-1.jpg-large_large.jpeg

Don't think they're all by the same person but who knows. The third one is supposed to be an unofficial (I think) replica that you could win back when the game was released.

Also, I'll keep an eye on this thread because I love the game and always look forward to seeing people make costumes from it! :)

Okay, so this is what i was thinking for my costume. its very basic and unfortunately i couldn't find anything affordable that resembles the jacket of Samuels in Isolation, or of any of the crew in the first movie, so this is the jacket i'm going to hopefully buy soon:
64K17LGRN_5_small.jpg

So then after i bought the jacket I would go onto Amazon and buy some patches to sew onto it. The jacket is from Topman and is olive green bomber jacket. Here are the patches:
417y0dqksTL._AA160_.jpg

and still looking for the blue Weyland patch on the side of Samuels' jacket. so if you would like to give me anymore feedback on what would make it better, please let me know.

All the add on "leather" pieces can be done in vinyl / fake leather.
It's odd that they went with black leather on the real world one when the in game pix look like green or brown nylon, depending on the light.

For patches try Etsy, someone on there was selling patches from the game a while back.

Pants the same, straight leg green with vinyl padding at the bottom.

In case you haven't seen it already check out the Nostromo Crew thread.

Okay, so this is what i was thinking for my costume. its very basic and unfortunately i couldn't find anything affordable that resembles the jacket of Samuels in Isolation, or of any of the crew in the first movie, so this is the jacket i'm going to hopefully buy soon:
http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/TopManUS/images/catalog/64K17LGRN_5_small.jpg
So then after i bought the jacket I would go onto Amazon and buy some patches to sew onto it. The jacket is from Topman and is olive green bomber jacket. Here are the patches:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417y0dqksTL._AA160_.jpg
and still looking for the blue Weyland patch on the side of Samuels' jacket. so if you would like to give me anymore feedback on what would make it better, please let me know.

Can't really see the jacket you're considering since the image is so small but it seems ok if it's within your budget. It may be basic but that's not a bad thing either because you'll be adding lots of leather panelling and altering its appearance anyway. Better to have something basic so that you can add to it, rather than having extras you need to figure out how to remove. :) My first thoughts about it are you could sew across the jacket twice to try and create the "puffed" look it has and learn how to make a collar from pleather, if you're going for accuracy.

And I can't believe I've only just noticed but there are discrepancies between the patch worn on Samuels' jacket?! Did I miss something in-game (or just forget) that explains this sudden change??

YCTxvgY.png ODi2KJc.png
This blue one seems to be shown in game? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

gmCfJkD.png amanda_patches_jpg_.jpg
And this one, which is the same as Ripley Jr's, is shown in promo shots? Either way, hope someone makes the two and sells them very soon because I wouldn't mind having one!

Maybe this seller might be the one division6 is referring to...?

Thank you guys for all your feedback on the uniform, I will do my best to modify it when I get it, which might not be very soon. In the mean time, I have another problem, I can't find a cheap pulse Rifle. I could settle for maybe 200$ but other than that I really can't.

There is no such thing as a "cheap" pulse rifle.
If you find one you will get what you pay for.

As wetcelery said, there are plenty of alternatives for you to make or modify something,

Just depends on what look you fancy really, if you're not looking to replicate any one costume. If you're going for something Nostromo inspired then the white cargo trousers seem standard. I suggest going for the clothes you most like the look of and working around that.

Most folks modify Dickies Carpenters pants.
Buy 2 and use 1 for parts, same material, same color.

BTW check out the character concept are that was done for the game.
link

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back