Help with Blaster sound board

juliusjammer

HI,

I have a Denix Bespin DL-44 kit I am working on. I wanted sound but did not need the full features of the $100 Blaster Boards.

I actually love the sound that the new Nerf blasters make so I purchased the Qi'ra Nerf blaster. But wanting better sound I purchased the 28mm Premium Speaker from The Custom Saber Shop.

I soldered the new speaker into place and it functions properly. My problem is it is not loud enough.

Other than acoustics in the cavity where the speaker will be. How can I increase the volume of a simple circuit board?

I can't see any resistors on the board. There is a small capacitor but I assume it is for the LED Glow Strike feature.

Are there any small electronics experts on here?

Here are pictures of the electronics.

Thanks!

IMG_5209.JPGIMG_5207.JPG

Well this is only $50 and does the same as the $100 blaster boards. It's the same concept and you get to create any sound you want.
dcc97bda4d0bb33429612cc970a496fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Both great options! Thanks! I just have a hard time spending that much on a blaster soundboard. I did find a great deal on the Poe Nerf Blaster that sounds that same but much louder. But it has a blue LED and I want red. Any suggestions on a 1.5v red led?

The led is up to you . A clear 5mm high intensity red led is cheap , dont get the 3mm ...not the same effect. Look on Amazon and you can get a few good ones and you just need a cheap resistor to help it from burning out if you are using voltage over 2.4V and you can get lucky and they sell you with a resistor so you dont have to search.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Okay, just an update. I don't know if anyone cares but it always bugs me when I find a thread that just ends with no conclusion.

I did get the Poe Nerf blaster. It was a beast to get apart, you have to break it. Qi'ra's blaster was easily taken apart.

I swapped LED's so the Poe one that I am using has a red LED. It is much louder and I am very happy with what I have.

Now my dilema is integrating and adapting the switch to work in my denix. I ordered the switch and switch holder from Shapeways so that part is not a problem.

Does anyone have any experience with the activation button on this board? All it is doing is connecting a circuit but it is kind of hard to see how it works. I will attach the pictures of the new board, but the switch is the same. I know I just need to solder the new switch onto this board but the button is a little confusing.

Thanks, everyone so far for your input! This community is awesome!

IMG_5213.JPGIMG_5212.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5209.JPG
    IMG_5209.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_5207.JPG
    IMG_5207.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 314
I haven't try this sugestion yet but you can try with a small speaker amp.
Connect the sound card speaker cables to the 1/8" jack input on the amp speaker.
Obviously you need to disassemble the amp speaker and find a place to get all those parts inside the Denix...
Those Chinese made speakers sell for 5-10 dollars on ebay.

Good luck with your built.

147558fa7e590ec3b3c425aa35aca8eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

These will probably do the job, when connected to the output of your soundboard...
https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/32886914739.html

Regarding that activation switch, I would guess wiring a second one in parallel with the existing one should work.
Removing bigger parts from cheap PCB always has a chance to damage the board, which is why I would consider just adding a second button while leaving the old one in place...

Can you specify which board belongs to which blaster? I might be I a similar situation sometime soon...
Always wished for an entry level blaster core from Plecter. :unsure

So Julius, did this method of taking the electronics out of a toy blaster work in your final DL-44? I'm building one now and would love to know!

Thanks!

As mentioned a simple class D amplifier would have made the sound louder.

With a a little time and effort.. you could use an Arduino Pro-mini and a DFPlayer and create your own customer board.

Update, I have not finished the sound. I do have the blaster built but still need to finish the sound. Too many things going on and I need to finish this. When I do I will update again.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back