Help with an eBay auction

EvanW

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone would know who the make of the Comlock kit is? The seller says it's a already completed kit and has no other photos. It all seems kind of strange though, as he was offering 2 of them and the other only had 1 bid on it and then suddenly the auction was ended early and feedback from the buyer was recieved the SAME DAY. Seems like a scam to me. Check out his other auctions he has 1 ST First Contact rifle at $750 while no bids on the one at $350. I'm looking for a nice Comlock but don't want to get burned.

Here's the url. I shortened it to prevent word wrap.

http://www.tiny-url.net/?go=6b4ae7437d

Thanks,

Evan

Does seem a bit fishy.
I dont know the seller either.
But in my own opinion, the feedback seems made up.
Personally I would stay clear, but that is just me, Im very cautios on Ebay..

That comlock appears to be the one sold by Monters in Motion. It is not an MIM photo, however.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 2 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]1272518[/snapback]</div>
Looks like he used a "sock puppet" account to create his own feedback.
[/b]

What gives you this impression? The buyer that left him positive feedback has been around ebay since 2001 and has over 100 transactions under his belt. Unless, you're saying that the "seller" in this case is actually the sock puppet for the established member that left the feedback, I'm not sure how you get to this conclusion.

I'd ask the seller the following questions;

1. Do his photos show the ACTUAL item he is selling?
2. Who made the Comlock?
2. I'd also ask about the condition of the item. Any damage, repairs, etc.

$75 is very fair for that Comlock. $5 shipping is fair as well. E-Bay is always a bit of a gamble, however.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 2 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1272518[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
Im the BUYER of the SPACE 1999 COMLOCK, and I always give feedback after a sale is complete, as that is how I do my Buisness.
I live in Florida, and the seller lives in Seattle, and if you ALL took the time to look at my Ebay Feedback, youd know this is not a scam.
I look forward to doing buisness with the seller, and his work looks good to me.
Thanks for the interest. Im here to set the record straight.
Greg
Ebay: Batcave2812

<div class='quotetop'>(Greg/Flchadderbox @ Jul 3 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]1273713[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jul 2 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1272518[/snapback]
[/b]
Im the BUYER of the SPACE 1999 COMLOCK, and I always give feedback after a sale is complete, as that is how I do my Buisness.
I live in Florida, and the seller lives in Seattle, and if you ALL took the time to look at my Ebay Feedback, youd know this is not a scam.
I look forward to doing buisness with the seller, and his work looks good to me.
Greg
[/b][/quote]

Hi Greg,

In regards to my original question. I was looking for the maker of the kit. As I stated the kit was already complete but the buyer had no info on the manufacturer, even though he has several kits for sale. The seller also had no other pictures available. The basic description for the kit is one out of the Moonbase Alpha Tech Manual and offers no real description of the kit itself. Do the buttons depress? The screen looks lit. Is it? How is it lit? All these questions where put forward to the seller. None were answered very well. That is why I posted here. And yes I did look at your eBay feedback I'm just curious as to why you would leave feedback as a buyer before receiving your item? Your auction ended at 14:58 on July 1 and you left positive feedback at 18:39 the same day. Three hours shipping from Seattle to Florida? Unless of course your that trusting of a new seller. If you could let me know when your Comlock arrives and maybe snap a few pics for me I would then have another reference for the purchase.

Thanks and Regards,

Evan

How I conduct my Ebay purchases is my own Buisness and if I choose to leave feedback before I get my item isnt that my right?
[/quote]Im the BUYER of the SPACE 1999 COMLOCK, and I always give feedback after a sale is complete, as that is how I do my Buisness.
Greg
[/quote]

Hi Greg,

In regards to my original question. I was looking for the maker of the kit. As I stated the kit was already complete but the buyer had no info on the manufacturer, even though he has several kits for sale. The seller also had no other pictures available. The basic description for the kit is one out of the Moonbase Alpha Tech Manual and offers no real description of the kit itself. Do the buttons depress? The screen looks lit. Is it? How is it lit? All these questions where put forward to the seller. None were answered very well. That is why I posted here. And yes I did look at your eBay feedback I'm just curious as to why you would leave feedback as a buyer before receiving your item? Your auction ended at 14:58 on July 1 and you left positive feedback at 18:39 the same day. Three hours shipping from Seattle to Florida? Unless of course your that trusting of a new seller. If you could let me know when your Comlock arrives and maybe snap a few pics for me I would then have another reference for the purchase.

Thanks and Regards,

Evan
[/quote]

If you leave feedback right away, and you have a problem, how do you explain that to PayPal or Ebay? Leaving positive feedback and then you claim a problem, makes you look like a scammer.

Only my 2 cents.

How I conduct my Ebay purchases is my own Buisness and if I choose to leave feedback before I get my item isnt that my right?
Greg
[/quote]

Fine,

I was asking a simple question. How does your feedback relate to the possibility of the seller being a scammer? It dosen't. How you do business is your business. I'm NOT here to slam or discount the seller. You're getting pretty worked up over an eBay purchase that you say went well. A simple response could have been " Hi there, I just bought that Comlock and if anyone likes, I'll post my personal review and maybe some pics when I get it. Glad I could help." And "Thanks for the interest"? What interest? Are you selling one also?
Consider the matter closed with apologies to you AND the seller.

Jeez,

Evan

You have every right to ask questions of something for sale on Ebay, I simply have faith in the people I do Buisness with, and as i said before, I do leave feedback before I get my item(s) as that is my right. However to even question me or any other Buyer before you know all the facts, is showing disrespect not only for me, but foir anyone else who may want to do Buisness wit this seller now or in the Future.
Greg

Fine,

I was asking a simple question. How does your feedback relate to the possibility of the seller being a scammer? It dosen't. How you do business is your business. I'm NOT here to slam or discount the seller. You're getting pretty worked up over an eBay purchase that you say went well. A simple response could have been " Hi there, I just bought that Comlock and if anyone likes, I'll post my personal review and maybe some pics when I get it. Glad I could help." And "Thanks for the interest"? What interest? Are you selling one also?
Consider the matter closed with apologies to you AND the seller.

Jeez,

Evan
[/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 5 2006, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1274259[/snapback]</div>
I found the comlink in question:

http://www.sidkit.com/commlock_img/commlock.htm

I remember hearing that these weren't that great or something bad about the company, but somebody here will chime in on it.

FB

Did a little search and found this info about Sidkit. Apparently they have recasted other peoples work which is frowned upon here.

I'm just relaying what I've read. People with more info can chime in.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...highlite=sidkit

FB
[/b]

Apparently SIDKIT recast an early version of a Richard Coyle Blade Runner pistol to produce his kit...

Sidkit has recast Richard Coyle's PKD, but the commlock and Space 1999 laser appear to be his own. The kits are apparently good quality with some metal parts.

Whether this has any bearing on the OP's queries are moot. He's not buying direct from a known recaster, he's looking at an eBay auction for a ready assembled kit that is being sold using pictures leached directly from sidkit's site. The fact that the seller cannot provide any additional images, but seems to be able to take pictures of a $750 StarTrek rifle sounds alarm bells.

Greg/Flchadderbox - you are taking a perfectly valid query too personally IMHO, the question of the seller being a potential scammer is still there as your feedback is meaningless. You haven't successfully completed a transaction and if the seller is indeed a scammer then he's rubbing his hands in glee. If he isn't them there's no harm done, but your feedback does not help anyone else looking to buy from the seller until you've completed.

I hope it works out for you, but I would have enough doubts to avoid this auction at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 4 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1274232[/snapback]
Learn to do your quotes so your posts don't look so chaotic.

I've only seen this replica, but it doesn't look like the same one.

http://www.cyproductions.com/commlock.htm

FB
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Sorry about that finally figured it out. Thanks for the link to the Comlock. This version looks better than the eBay/Sidkit one. Even the pics for tyhe eBay auction are from the Sidkit website. I'm willing to pay more for better quality work.

Thanks again,

Evan

<div class='quotetop'>(EvanW @ Jul 5 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1274675[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 4 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1274232[/snapback]
Learn to do your quotes so your posts don't look so chaotic.

I've only seen this replica, but it doesn't look like the same one.

http://www.cyproductions.com/commlock.htm

FB
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Sorry about that finally figured it out. Thanks for the link to the Comlock. This version looks better than the eBay/Sidkit one. Even the pics for tyhe eBay auction are from the Sidkit website. I'm willing to pay more for better quality work.

Thanks again,

Evan
[/b][/quote]

Hehehe, it's not you that's messing up the quotes Evan it's that Greg character... obviously hitting a button that says "Quote" or even the "Reply" button to a direct posting is confusing, hehehe ;)

I Keed I Keed.. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back