Help with a weapon in Robocop.

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just watched Robocop for the first time in ages,and whilst watching the bit where a the guy robs the store i noticed that the weapon he was using was very similar to a Sterling which as we all know was the basis for the ANH blaster.The magazine was longer and the barrel seems to have an extension,but i just wanted to ask you guys and see if i was right :confused

Also,was there an accurate airsoft version of the Robocop gun that is good for display or would i be better using a kit,as i would like one for display?

man i havent seen that in a while but i vaugley remember the scene, you might be right.

L2A3 sterlings were used in MANY movies, in the begigning of the first exorcist the guys are carrying them, noticed that recently, and yeah the original guns had long bannana clips, the small clips you are used to seeing are the ones for paratroopers that had small clips with just a few rounds.

as for the barrel being longer, i dont know... maybe someone will pop in with a screen cap?

<div class='quotetop'>(_Lee_ @ Jun 10 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1259779[/snapback]</div>
I just watched Robocop for the first time in ages,and whilst watching the bit where a the guy robs the store i noticed that the weapon he was using was very similar to a Sterling which as we all know was the basis for the ANH blaster.The magazine was longer and the barrel seems to have an extension,but i just wanted to ask you guys and see if i was right :confused

Also,was there an accurate airsoft version of the Robocop gun that is good for display or would i be better using a kit,as i would like one for display?
[/b]

It was the semi-auto civilian version made for the U.S. market. It had an extended barrel to comply with the BATF regulations on barrel length. If you watch tv shows, and movies from the same time period you will also see H&k MP 5's, and Uzi's with long barrels also.

David.

i always wondered if that big giant gun, the rifle at the end, had an official "real world" counterpart.

i forget the name of it in the film (its been a while) but it had the giant flash suppressor on the end. it looked a LOT like a .50 sniper weapon.

chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 10 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]1259825[/snapback]</div>
i always wondered if that big giant gun, the rifle at the end, had an official "real world" counterpart.

i forget the name of it in the film (its been a while) but it had the giant flash suppressor on the end. it looked a LOT like a .50 sniper weapon.

chris
[/b]
It's a Barrett M82A1 .50 rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82A1

wow... that would explain why it looked like a sniper rifle :lol

after a quick search, i could not find a single airsoft replica (or replica in general) that was anywhere NEAR a decent price range for a generic dust catcher. everything was between 1200-1500 bucks.

thats pretty much half the cost of one that fires actual rounds :lol

man.... cool gun but i think itll be a while before i get a replica of it.

thanks for the info..
chris

<div class='quotetop'>(hydin @ Jun 11 2006, 04:12 AM) [snapback]1260005[/snapback]</div>
man.... cool gun but i think itll be a while before i get a replica of it.
[/b]

It's a hoot to shoot.. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back