Help with a 2 part mold for an oil based sculpture

ambassadorspock

Hey everyone, just been working on a sculpture and nearly finished now, as it is sculpted in oil based chavant clay im just wondering how to make the dividing walls for a 2 part silicone mold, obviously i cant use oil based clay as it will just stick to the sculpt so wondering how to get it done XD any advice would be most welcome ;) wanting to make resin casts if that's at all important.

Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

To be honest it's going to be pretty difficult. Usually it's good practice to plan this out before sculpting, but stuff happens I suppose. At this stage I'd go with a silicone resin with high tensile and tear resistance, and use fiberglass to create a 6, even an 8 part mother mold. It's going to be a pain in the ass.

Haha, should be an adventure into the unknown at least XD live and learn ;) its only a small thing anyways will see what can be done with it though for sure, see if i can model it more so its a bit more mold friendly :D

i would consider it sure, only if there is no other options though ;) took out the eyeballs for easier molding now, feel like if i run the seam up the ears, under the chin then up the arm between the fingers, might be do-able as a 2 part mold have the finger tips inside one half of the mold. proably just stare at it for a while and see what can and can't be done haha. I do appreciate all the advice though :D keep it coming ;) i'll post some more stuff tomorrow, gotta head to work now -.-

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back