help-who knows this guy?(lifesize statue manufacturer)

mariog

hi,
maybe someone can help...
does someone know a guy named Michael Walter and his special effects company in LA?
i bought i lifesize pred from him which was on ebay.iv seen this statue also here in the forums.
someone has it(is displayed with a red background)
the statue is a lot overdue and since over a month he doesnt respond anymore.
he had other movie props listed(excorcist blair head,legend witch..) and perfect feedback for a long time.
but know im afraight i got cheated with this..

the member with the statue with the red background bought it from somebody else.He got it from Mcgee Fx,not the ebay member you speak off .did you pay with apypal? have you contacted ebay? hope you get this issue resolved.

well i bought it not from ebay,i just found it/him that way-but i paid it with pay pal.
problem is its longer since 45 days-so they cant do much anymore.
first he said it takes 4-6 weeks to make it,then 8 weeks.
well i bought it in may!!!
end of july he emailed its casted but painting etc takes more time.because they have alot of moviework to do(??)
since then no answer or info.
pay pal said they try to contact him but they wont be able to help much.
at "least "i only paid half of it-about 2000 dollars.
since he really got exccelent feedback and is a ebay member for years i was thinking he is to be trusted...maybe he still is.

ps.i just checked the magee fx site.
he was also selling some stuff they show there(witch,werewolf,exorcist...)
also he mentioned pat working on it (pat magee?)
but i often asked him about a website and what movies they are working for-why didnt he tll me the site?
i guess i contact them...if they dont know a michael walter i know i got screwed

thats terrible dude! who would do such a thing? ;) ... sorry buddy ive gotten that " no more contact or info" from a few sellers on ebay, but never such a blow... im sorry man, ill cross my fingers for ya.

Actually, I can help you with this... Michael Walter is the license holder for the work Pat McGee does... so basically Mike is the official reseller of Pat's work. He's very much legit and I am sure he will fulfill your order no problem and he might just be backlogged. He's a good guy, I have spoken to him personally on the phone many times. If you see you are still getting nowhere when the holidays are over, let me know and I will call him for you.

Dan

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back