Help to make a studio scale TIE part mold

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by ShockTrooper, May 11, 2012.

1. ShockTrooper

ShockTrooper Well-Known Member

Hi all.Anybody know how to make a mold for this piece?.Pics would be appreciated.Mine was broken.

Thanks for the help.

[​IMG]

2. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i made a mold of the one from the Vader tie kit to replace the crappy ones that came with the twin tie fighters, it's an exact fit :D, is it the same scale?
    the mold i made was allot of clay work. i can show pics of my mold tonight, at work right now :)

3. ShockTrooper

Thanks for the help.I´ll wait for your pics.

4. Mr Walker

Mr Walker Active Member

Is this for the TIE Bomber? If so, is it possible to kit bash an MPC Vader TIE, rather than casting one?

5. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thats what I'm thinking, Vader's kit you can buy for around $5 plus shipping on Ebay. i can make you one if you want. i already have the mold :)
    it's a very quick and crude mold, nothin fancy, i just needed it for two tie's
    this was made from smooth on silicone, which i dont like, it creates to darn many bubbles, as soon as I'm done with this stuff I'm going back to polytech which i never had an issue with.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  6. ShockTrooper

Hi guys.Thanks for the help.That´s exactly what I need.I have some silicone to make the mold so I´ll try to make a mold.If it doesn´t work I´ll ask you for some copies.

The part is for a 1:24 TIE.

Thanks again guys.