HELP- TDK joker

Dr Crane

So this year I'm trying out Heath Ledgers joker for Halloween

I've got most of the costume ready but I'm having trouble finding a decent hexagon shirt.

I would like to have it custom made to fit me, and I have found a few places online, but I was wondering if any of you guys (and girls) could recomend a place.

I live in Denmark so shopping might be an issue.

Thanks a million.

I've also decided to attempt the Ledger Joker but am having serious trouble on costume pieces. There are a lot of online options, but it's always hard to tell quality from a photo. Any chance you know where to get a good costume on budget?
Sincerely,
Morgan

Because I'm also on a budget, I was piecing together the costume from Hot Topic purchases since 2008. I had the trench coat, hexagon shirt and tie from that year TDK came out. The whole costume went on a back burner as I didn't have enough income to order custom made pieces to finish it.

Suddenly, Hot Topic remade some pieces and issued new items too! Everything for this year: trench coat, hexagon shirt, green vest, and pants (wrong color stripes). Everything except the pants sold out in days. I managed to call a store that still had vests and I went to try them on and see them in person. It's a nice velvet fabric. The new trench coat is seems like bad quality compared to the one I got from 2008. Check a Hot Topic if you have one close.

All of the Hot Topic pieces are just "close-enough" parts though, so if you're looking for more screen accuracy, that's going to be difficult on a budget. I absolutely love the vest. It's lacking the correct number of buttons, but I plan in taking them off and sewing on more correct style buttons anyways. I had coupons and Hot Cash to help with the costs.

For now I'm missing socks, suspenders and shoes.

I ordered a pair of gloves on Ebay just last night. I had the old Rubies kids sized gloves because they were the only ones that fit me :lol. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Winte...colors-/131605908869?var=&hash=item1ea452cd85). Again, they seem close enough. If I had the income to buy from Magnolia I would!

I don't know how long these have been released but I noticed DC started to make suspenders based on the look from TDK (not screen accurate). I plan on ordering some soon.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271976095729?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hope some of this helps, lol. Good luck on your builds!

Thank you for through info! My costume is actually alright. Not as accurate as I want, but it's pretty good for the budget. The only problem I'm facing now is the scars. I tried Rigid Collodian, but it doesn't stay on the face very well. I just ordered some scar wax which hopefully will get here soon, but I'm worried it won't stay on very long. I'm gonna try and be in character all night, but if my scars are falling off, then that's going to be hard. Any tips on that maybe?
Sincerely,
Morgan

Thank you for through info! My costume is actually alright. Not as accurate as I want, but it's pretty good for the budget. The only problem I'm facing now is the scars. I tried Rigid Collodian, but it doesn't stay on the face very well. I just ordered some scar wax which hopefully will get here soon, but I'm worried it won't stay on very long. I'm gonna try and be in character all night, but if my scars are falling off, then that's going to be hard. Any tips on that maybe?
Sincerely,
Morgan

Give us some pics bro :D

For now, and for a costume contest at work, I'm using the 'off-the-shelve' Joker kit from Spirit Halloween. I also got a bottle of Liquid Latex to do the scar on the bottom lip, because that kit only has the side scars.

I follow JesterFX on Facebook, and he's posted that he will be making a version 3 Ledger scars. I plan on getting a set when that's done but who knows when that will be.

As for experience making scars on my face, I've worn Terminator type scars on my face. I think I only used Spirit gum on some plastic machine bits that Toys R Us used to sell when Terminator Salvation was out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back