Help please: Zipper in Star Wars?

Bhelia

Hi!

Has anyone ever seen a zipper on Star Wars clothes?

I'm creating a custom smuggler outfit for my Twi'lek. I found this brilliant, almost perfect jacket for her. Unfortunately it has got one very visible zipper and two small zippers at the pockets.

I was thinking about cutting them out and putting press buttons on.
But if anybody here has got reference pics of a zipper in the movies, please post?
Skimmed through the Hoth scenes this morning because I was so damn sure Han Solo's Hoth coat has got one! It doesn't. None of the coats have - as far as I could see.

Thanks for your help,
Bhelia

There is a long zip down the front of the orange pilot suits, you can see Luke do it up when he leaves hospital in Empire.

Pretty sure Luke's ANH ceremonial jacket had a zipper, too.

Nope, there was one on the original jacket, but the jacket was altered and the zippers (front and breast pocket IIRC) were covered up by the costume department.

I think just covering the zipper might be your best choice if the jacket doesn´t have to be closed.

There is a long zip down the front of the orange pilot suits, you can see Luke do it up when he leaves hospital in Empire.

Checked... you're right! THANKS!!!
So there ARE zippers in the Star Wars universe. But once closed, they are covered by fabric.

I think just covering the zipper might be your best choice if the jacket doesn´t have to be closed.
I thought about that, too. But I want to close and open it. I experimented a bit and I think I found a solution. The zipper stays but I'll transform it into a covered one. Going to be some work... but what costume isn't?

Thanks everyone for your fast replies :)

Heheh, even See-Threepio got a zipper on one side of his rubber belly section. It's not visible in the movies though, but they're there on all reference pictures/exhibitions/behind-the-scenes pictures ;).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back