Help please w Molding prep: Iron Man 4 piece helmet

mizuno hadouken

Hi all - I've made a pep based Iron Man helmet from shark's file and I'm attempting to mold the 4 piece helmet. I've failed horribly the first 2 attempts and I think it's the way I'm prepping the pieces for mold since their such odd shapes.

Can anyone out there share advice, or even more helpful, pictures of how they prepped their multiple piece helmets for mold? I've received some advice via PM to prepare piece with bags stuffed with towels, cardstock on edges, or modeling clay but I pretty much can't visualize how I should prep my pieces. Any advice would be great and would help me save some money on the material I'm wasting every time I fail. Thanks.

Hi all - I've made a pep based Iron Man helmet from shark's file and I'm attempting to mold the 4 piece helmet. I've failed horribly the first 2 attempts and I think it's the way I'm prepping the pieces for mold since their such odd shapes.

Can anyone out there share advice, or even more helpful, pictures of how they prepped their multiple piece helmets for mold? I've received some advice via PM to prepare piece with bags stuffed with towels, cardstock on edges, or modeling clay but I pretty much can't visualize how I should prep my pieces. Any advice would be great and would help me save some money on the material I'm wasting every time I fail. Thanks.

Hey mizuno hadouken,
Checkout Jay May youtube channel.
He have a serias on (Getting ready to mold)
Getting ready to mold, sanding amd needle files - YouTube
;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back