Help please! Need plan B's for Halloween as 9' build may be late

Marthony

Hello all,

I'm building a 8'9" G1 Transformers Devastator toy rig, based on this:
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1tysoxul.jpg

The proportions are more like this, though the chest wing will be 1.5x its vertical proportion and the legs/stilts 13.5" vs. 15":

This is what I have at this moment, and will be able to build the chest wing & codpiece plus foam forearms + fists in time:
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...pscw2zb89m.jpg

Given the challenge of carving the legs alone, I think I'm hard pressed to have this ready for dawn on Friday/30th..!

Please give your thoughts on a 'simple' plan B that makes use of the skeleton, with or without the existing & expected detail parts. Thus far I have:
- Frankenstein's monster
- Freaky 5-year old's Frankenstein of mixed toy parts. Picture a big Barbie doll's head, Devastator's torso, other parts for the extremeties. Thoughts on simple extremities?
- Combiner teddy bear monster will multiple heads
- (your idea here)

AGH!

Thanks!

I was just thinking about a costume idea, but your need to have an exo skeleton would work perfect. Snowball/Snuffles from Rick and Morty. The exo skeleton seems simple enough, and doesn't have to be perfect. I was just thinking of wearing some kind of black morph suit and a stuffed dog with a helmet on the front would be enough for people to recognize

Ok, that is pretty cute! I haven't seen this cartoon before. Thanks!

Another idea that's been thrown at me is the Power Loader Ripley used in Aliens. The only essential addition is the forearm forks & some cables, the former being easy to do with hard foam I already have.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back