Help! - Pepakura Build Gone Wrong.

Phonemonkey

Hi all,

First attempt at building Pepakura bio mask. I downloaded Spartan's bio, glued it altogether and everything was fine.

I followed Movieman's suggestions and resined it - everything still looking good.

Applied first layer of car body filler (again as per Movieman's instructions) - great, this is going really well.

Applied second layer of body filler but didn't add enough hardner. Stupidly, started to sand it with a dremel without checking how hard it was and now the dremel's sanding tool looks like it's got chewing gum wrapped around it.

I've left the mask for a week now to see if it would harden but it is still soft. Am I best to either

1. Apply another layer of bodyfiller over the top.

2. Break down in tears and stamp on it and start again?

Also, any tips on how to clean the sanding drum on the dremel? I know you can get replacements but this has hardly been used.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

dremels are a pain to clean when that happens to it. My grandfather would find a product of similar strength and use that to peel the crude from another project. As far as your item of topic...........try to put another coat on it and the try sanding it down and shape it differently then what the design is supposed to be.
1. It may help prtoect the pepakura project so that it is saveable instead of devouring it.
2. Adds your own little fling to it and while you used pepakura you made the project your little minion and made it how you wanted (making it one of a kind)
3. You just look at it and say, "F you i made you and by god you are gunna do as i want you to"........lol i do hope adding another layer helps it out my brothers and i did that on Halo armor and we were able to save it i hope it works for you.

iam just starting my bio mask for the first time .but if i was u i would not use a dremel to sand ur mask down hand power and elbo grease .this will allow u to aply correct pressure .just get some ruff sanding paper and apply

can anybody help me iam allso starting to plan a latex costume but iam stuck do people leave there duck tape on when they make there maniquine .i thought that u covered your clothes in the tape then cut your self out of it stuffed it then took tape off and built the muscle on to it or does the tape stay on .and then another spandex suit over it .then aplly muscle

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back