Help on creating a cooler suit

metalalchemist

Hi guys, I've been studying the skin tutorials posted on this forum and unless I missed something, all of them are covered in latex.
They do look incredibly realistic and cool, but me, living in a tropical country, would be simple suicide!
So, I was wondering if you have any ideas/links/whatever on making the latex suit a bit cooler or building it on another material.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've done some experimentation with mounting 12-volt computer cooling fans in my backpack and then routing the airflow through a hose or two into my suit. I also built a couple zippers into the underarms so I could zip them down and get some cooling through there. (It's similar to a snowboard jacket.)

I'm tempted to try a Peltier junction cooler, but I think that might be a bit impractical.

Thanks guys.
The cooling system sound really good, but at this point is complicated for me.
Regarding the unitard thing... they are normally spandex; how to I airbrush that thing?
I was thinking on doing the MR. Incredible suit method on a unitard but only on some parts of it (chest, biceps, quads)
But still would need to match the paint on the spandex suit.
Could this be a good idea? Any advice on the paint maybe?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back